Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hello    

Hello

Damielle
Argentina

Hello

Happy new Year to everyone!!!!

How did you celebrate the beginning of the New Year? What did you eat?

I ate cheese fondue with meat, ravioli, mushrooms and vegetables and ice-cream as dessert. I drank juice, some sodas and a little sider because I�m not very fond of alcohol.  But I ate a lot and my situation at the moment is similar to this cat�s:

What about you?

1 Jan 2009      

cheezels
New Zealand

I definitely feel like that... we had a bbq with potato salald and coleslaw kiwi style and we drunk julmust which is just a fizzy drink you get at christmas time here. I made a banoffee pie which is crumbed biscuit base with caramel filling with banana and whipped cream on the top! I managed to convince my lovely swedish man to fire up the BBQ again tonight :-) Not bad for the middle of winter! We also brought a really cheap ice cream maker yesterday (equivalent of buying a couple of beers here!!!!!) so we had fun today making banana and chocolate chip icecream mmmmmmmmmmmmm so yummie when you do it with your own fresh ingredients!!!!! so I am  all done with eating for a while... well until breakfast rolls around!!!! (and we are planning on making some frozen yoghurt tommorow.. so I guess I will be even more like the cat tommorow evening again!!!!)

1 Jan 2009     

urpillay
Spain

Hi Damielle,

We went to our friends house and ate some Greek tapas, an exotic salad made of lettuce, smoked salmon, peanuts with honey, cherry tomatoes, cheese and dressed with blackberries vinegar, and cakes. We also drank some Spanish wine. After that, we went to Salamanca Main Square to eat the grapes and drank a toast to celebrate the New Year with sparkling wine. After that, we went to a bar to dance salsa. There were people from 11 different nationalities. I really enjoyed the night!!!

INMA ALC�ZAR

http://myeslcorner.blogspot.com

1 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Damielle:

We celebrated with friends, we had different types of smoked fish, green salad with figs, cheese and mint.  Lots and lots of different cheeses, cold cuts and dips.   We finished off with champagne, cakes and chocolates.  This morning we had brunch with family.  We had crepes, ham, eggs and baked beans.  At 7:00 this evening we are off to my son�s for supper with a chocolate fondu for dessert.  I think I will fast for the next week.  I can�t eat another thing.  Ask me how I feel.............fullllllllllllllllllllllll!

1 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Dear malvarosa, It has been one of my NY resolutions too, but It�ll start on the 2nd, not on the 1st of January, of course!!!!!! Smile

1 Jan 2009