Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Dear collegue teacher Sirah (F)    

Dear collegue teacher Sirah (F)

agusjavier
Argentina

Dear collegue teacher Sirah (F)

Hello Sirah (F) I would like to tell you that I don`t have any problems with scanning images from textbook and the reason why I say this, is because there are many teachers like me that we dont have lot of money to buy all the books available. That�s is why I agree to upload this things. Do you have all the books to work at your place? If it is true, how lucky you are!!!

26 Sep 2008      

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

Dear agusjavier,

I also agree with you that it is very difficult to come across all the material we need, either because they are too expensive and the places were we work -or even ourselves!- cannot afford them. But the issue discussed here is different, because the rules are there for a reason. And it is very clear in the rules where it states:
You are only allowed to send your own documents. If you send a copy taken from another website or scanned from a book, you will lose your account.

And this is because there could be legal repercusions to this very same page if we use things that are copyright and we don�t ask for their permission to use them!!

Sorry to have meddled in your exchange with another teacher, but i felt like pointing out this thing, that has been mentioned quite a few times already, by the way.

Keep up the great work, EVERYONE!!!! This site is really extraordinary and we should all make sure to keep it this way.

Cheers from South of Santa Fe, Argentina.

Aldana

26 Sep 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Hi Agus! I agree with you that we teachers don�t have the money to buy lots of books.The point is that When I joined this community I read the conditions and there it says:"You are only allowed to send your own documents. If you send a copy taken from another website or scanned from a book, you will lose your account."
Please ,send me your email address and maybe I can help you sending you material.It would be great!Thumbs Up

Patricia

26 Sep 2008     

Mishuna
Argentina

Hello my friends, this is for agusjavier:
there is a website called www.englishtip.org. Here you can download lots of books which you can use to get extra activities. It�s only for personal use so you cannot publish anything. If you need anything just ask because there are many friendly people willing to help you.
It happened to me too. I don�t have much experience neither books or magazines, and Sirah is always sending me material taken from different issues of magazines. Please, do not upload anything scanned bacause that is the rule. If you want to share it you can offer to send it by email or viceversa.
Thanks everyone!!
Big hugs for all of you...especially for Pinar who is sad today. Don�t waste your time in negative people. Keep on doing your great work!!!

26 Sep 2008     

anyteacher
Argentina

Hi teachers!
I�ve just read your comments in the forum and I also agree with Aldana, Mishuna and Patricia. Rules of this site are very clear. For me it�s a question of choice. A teacher doesn�t need a lot of books to work,  only has to recognize the good ones and make good choices. So, it isn�t necessary to steal, copy or scan material. With the same point of view, in this web site you can take the decision of download worksheets that are reported as stolen or not. It all depends on your principles. People will judge your actions. Regards material, here in Argentina elt consultants give free books as inspection copies. I�m in contact with different publishers of Rosario Area (I live in a small town) and always send me new material. If you need phones or e-mail addresses, please contact me. A big hug from  CA�ADA ROSQU�N  (Leon Gieco�s town) in Santa Fe, Argentina.

26 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Dear agusjavier,

I do not have the money to buy a car at the moment.  But I really need one.  Do you think it is alright if I go steal my neighbours car?

Yet if I asked to borrow my neighbours car - they would likely say yes - here you go - no problem.

This is the Eslprintable site.  Don�t steal what you could have with our blessings.

26 Sep 2008