Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Mystery    

Mystery

yingying
China

Mystery

Hi, lovely teachers,

Something bothering me  a lot today afternoon when I checked one of my e-mail boxes, I found in one mail to me all the cliparts and the worksheets I created the night before have been attached to this mail as an image file by someone. It is creepy , something like having a surveillance camera by my side. I am wondering if I can trust this PC anymore. Could anyone tell me what is happening and what you advise me to protect myself? PLEASE,HELP ME. I really have no one to turn to help solve this SAFETY PROBLEM.Unhappy

2 Jan 2009      

donapeter
Romania

I don�t understand what you mean, but....sounds creepy!Ask the sender for more information. Give more details, maybe someone could help, be more explicit.
D

2 Jan 2009     

yingying
China

The mail is actually sent by one of my colleagues in school concerning the students� score in their online programme. I want to add that when I just checked the contribution today, the one named dailyroutine game was also seen in the image file. It�s more creepy.

2 Jan 2009     

yingying
China

Hi, I checked the mail again,and I found quite a number of today and yesterday worksheets are attached--- like Careless whisper, treatment and remedies, action verbs, aliment and injuries, have you ever, healthy advice , bending and stretching, If I had a million dollars, hammering and twisting, and the advertising icon of Iclipart .com on the frontpage of the site are definitely shown. And yesterday worksheets like how long it takes and NY resolution are found as well. There are quite a lot, I can name all. I am really worried.

2 Jan 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Maybe you could say to your colleague that something really strange happened when they sent the email to you, that heaps f your work was included. Be upfront and see what they say. If you created it at school maybe they recognised your work and attached it so it wouldn�t get wiped in the system? If you have not done any of this work at school on school computers and they have sent you your work... then yes that is very strange and you need to ask them about it.
Good luck

2 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hello,
That seems a little creepy, but I have no idea to help you. Anyway, you referred the Daily Routine Game, which, I think, was my contribution, yesterday, so, if this is correct, at least it stops being something particular addressed to you.
I have no idea, my printable was all done by me, the cliparts were given credits, so, I think, I didn�t do anything wrong.
Let�s wait, someone thinks this is funny, so let�s let her/him, laugh a little.

2 Jan 2009     

dennismychina
China

Hi yingying,

Did you download and save both the e-mail you received as well as the worksheets from eslprintables to your hard drive? And then opened the e-mail from your computer? If that is the case it�s not sooooo creepy. Or were the worksheets in an attachment in your e-mail account e.g. hotmail, yahoo ect.?

2 Jan 2009     

yingying
China

Hi dennismychina,

First thanks for replying to me. I didn�t download the e-mail  and haven�t downloaded the worksheets yet. I discovered this when I first opened my e-mail box in yahoo today afternoon. I saw two image files attached to my e-mail box, which I found quite strange. Since the mail is concerned about students� score in an online programme which we subscribed from a local service provider. So I suppose there is an excel file only. But other than the excel file, there are two more  image files. Then when I browsed, I found cliparts which I searched by using google the night before , my own worksheet and  a lot of worksheets which we can download today as a premium member. And the icon of the service provider which I mentioned is also found there. Could you help me solve this? Thanks in advance. Hope I don�t sound clumsy.

2 Jan 2009     

wolfy
Chile

It�s a virus. �The "I love you" virus a while ago reportedly did something very similar to what you are explaining.

6 Jan 2009