Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can kangaroos swim?    

Can kangaroos swim?

Jayho
Australia

Hi Epit

As Apodo said, kangaroos do not generally swim. 

They are said to be good swimmers but they really only swim in order to survive/escape in times of fire, flood and other danger.

I have seen zillions of kangaroos, including mobs at some very remote beaches, but I am yet to see a kangaroo swim. 

You can read more about it at these sites for students:  http://www.abc.net.au/schoolstv/animals/KANGAROOS.htm and http://www.kidcyber.com.au/topics/kanga.htm

Cheers

Jayho

10 Mar 2012     

Apodo
Australia

Another Kangaroo fact:

Kangaroos can �t walk in the conventional manner (left foot, right foot) because of the way their body is shaped. When moving slowly, however, kangaroos do have a form of walking. They support themselves with their front legs and tail while they pull their hind legs along.

10 Mar 2012     

epit
Turkey

Hi me again !I promise that  this will be last .Iwas prepapring a multiply choice test for my beginner class  ,then I get confused cause the question was so that Kangroos  can ........... a)hop b) fly c)............ d ) .................I would write swim for c .I noticed that I �m not sure about that .Yes,they can do a lot of things .They can fight ,They can dance but what can �t do .I couldn �t find  So ,I will give up talking about these cute  animals .What do you advice me ?Hugs

10 Mar 2012     

Apodo
Australia

Is this what you mean?

They can �t dance.
They can �t climb trees. (But there is one tree climbing kangaroo)
They can �t march. ( Left right, Left right.)
They can �t lay eggs. (Some Australian mammals do)

10 Mar 2012     

< Previous   1    2