Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Poor mans patent    

Poor mans patent

foose1
United States

Poor mans patent

Do you think that posting on this site will cover a new game (power point) under a poor mans patent? Any suggestions or should I mail myself a letter?

John

13 Mar 2012      

perma
Greece

Does this help?  http://myfreecopyright.com/

13 Mar 2012     

foose1
United States

Thanks for the link perma.  I think this site is sufficient for the copyright.  I am just asking if anyone thinks that posting on this site would cover a poor mans patent for a new type of game.
John

13 Mar 2012     

perma
Greece

Why do you need a patent for a ppt game? I thought copyright was enough - it is intellectual work after all, isn �t it?

Edit: On your question, I think posting on this site is more legitimate evidence than posting a letter to yourself! Unless Victor decides to take down the site, God forbid!

13 Mar 2012     

foose1
United States

From what I have been reading, all games get a patent to really protect them.  Even software games have patents to protect them.  I know this because I have visited companys who had come up with new designs for use with flight controls that our company later incorporated into their flight control computers.  I was just wondering if posting on this site would be enough to cover a "poor mans patent."  I am working on games that will be in HTML5 and executable programs for cell phones and computers and I do want to protect my ideas.  Posting my ideas on this site via powerpoint games helps me get an idea for what is useful and/or desired by people.
John

13 Mar 2012     

foose1
United States

Thanks perma!

John

13 Mar 2012