Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is the differences between pharmarcy and chemist ?    

What is the differences between pharmarcy and chemist ?

epit
Turkey

What is the differences between pharmarcy and chemist ?

Hi everyone !My first question  is at the headline What is the differences between pharmarcy and chemist ?The second one is that : can we use when instead of what time or do you teach "When do you get up "Hugs

17 Mar 2012      

yanogator
United States

"Chemist" is definitely British, and "pharmacy" is US (but I don �t know if it is also used in British English).

Yes, "when" can be used for "what time", if the question is clear enough. Be careful, though, because "when" can mean "what day", "what year", etc. "When did your brother arrive?" won �t necessarily elicit a time as the answer. We hope, though, that "When do you get up?" will prompt students to answer with a time, and not a month!

Bruce

17 Mar 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I don �t think there �s a difference. Years ago, in England, we all said chemist, but now it �s just as likely to be called a pharmacy.
When instead of what time is fine. You would ask what time if you needed a very specific time for your answer.

17 Mar 2012     

Jayho
Australia

We use chemist and pharmacy interchangeably

19 Mar 2012