Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Service unavailable here too    

Service unavailable here too

cribor
Romania

Service unavailable here too

Hi
I thought it �s something wrong in my area/country with connection, but I have been trying to see the today �s printables since morning and I just couldn �t.
I just managed to download a few and then again I lost connection.
My question would be: Will the printables be available tomorrow too, I mean 19th of March?

18 Mar 2012      

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

That �s a great question?Will the printables we see today be available tomorrow? NO, they won �t-how nice for the people who shared their work and nobody could see!!!

Victor hasn �t done anything about that yet-I mean with the worksheets which weren �t available due to the site �s breakdown.

I re-uploaded one of my worksheets because it was not on the site for 24hours because of the system �s failure.
If you think I it �s not the proper thing to do just report it.In my opinion everyone should reupload their worksheets when the system is down without deleting the first ones(unless Victor tells us something different)

What �s your opinion?

Love you all!!

18 Mar 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Are you sure that you won �t get your full 24 hours? If the system is down, doesn �t it start up where it left off? That means all worksheets do get their 24 hours. I posted a worksheet this weekend and I think it got a full airing.

18 Mar 2012     

coyote.chus
Spain

Hi!

I want to express my opinion about this issue. In the case of Liliaamalia, I don �t think it wasn �t available for 24 hours, since the worksheet she is talking about has 112 downloads. I think that if a worksheet can �t be downloaded or is downloaded less than we expected we should re-upload it, but for me, re-upload means delete and upload again. If someone re-uploads a ws but doesn �t delete the previous one, then it is repeated and we can report repeated wss. I would like to know the other members � opinions here, because I don �t want to report a worksheet unfairily.

Chus

18 Mar 2012     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Are we here for points or to share our work?  If it �s just to share our work, it is easily done by deleting and uploading once again.

18 Mar 2012     

silvia.patti
Italy

For two or three days I had the same problem: the site is unavailable during the day and only after dinner I can check the new contributions...
But my problem is another: I have changed my pc and now my documents are .docx, so I can �t upload them because the system doesn �t support this extension. If I save them in .doc the layout will be changed and I have to modify everything... It �s quite annoying...

18 Mar 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Liliaamalia,
I believe you  should delete the repeated ws. Or do you think 112 downloads is not enough? Sorry, but some members would be grateful to get them. So if the ws will be reported, I will definitely support its removal as it is not fair. All members you had uploaded their wss on Friday had the same chance as you. And the system failure during the weekends is not new so if 112 points is not enough for you, you should have uploaded your wss in different days.

18 Mar 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

MJ Misa thanks for pointing out that the weekend failure of the system happens regularly.As for the days I should upload what do you have to suggest-I assume you know when the system will be down!!!Share your knowledge with us dear friend!!

18 Mar 2012     

mena22
Portugal

The service has been unavailable for many hours and so many members won �t have the chance to download  today �s contributions "for free".
As there aren �t many uploads for tomorrow, perhaps victor could let them be in tomorrow �s contributions.
If not, we could make the worksheets available "for free" for the members who can �t afford to lose a point. We can do that by sending them by email.

Have a good evening.
Hugs,
mena

18 Mar 2012     

Jayho
Australia

I think we are soooo lucky to have this site and I dread the day when it will be no longer.

We should be grateful for what we have today because who knows if it will be here tomorrow.

And I for one, am extremely grateful that it goes down on the weekend and not during my working week.  I am very dependent on it during my working week but on the weekends I don �t need it so much.

And as Giovanni said �Are we here for points or to share our work?  If it �s just to share our work, it is easily done by deleting and uploading once again. �

19 Mar 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

I agree with Jayho.
The uploaders can delete the printable and reupload it to get more downloads...
The site is down at weekends much more often than during the weekdays, that is for sure. But the problem is usually fixed within several hours, so we should be patient...
There are less worksheets shared at weekends and so the printable can get much more points because the competition is not so big...
So share your worksheets any time you like, if you get only a few points, delete it and upload it again.

19 Mar 2012