Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Quote    

Mariethe House
France

Just found this quote for you and me , for the times when we are angry because things don �t work out the way we want here , at ESL printables or in our lives, because someone rubs us the wrong way, or doesn �t understand because , after all virtuality is not reality ...

If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?Smile

Any comment is welcome. One thing though: I don �t like my mirrors too well polished. A little bit of tarnish gives it a touching aspect!!Big smile

23 Mar 2012      

twixette
France

so true... :)

23 Mar 2012     

sylvinhay
Brazil

Hello, Marie!

I �m not sure I �ve understood your question, but I will try LOL

First thing, if it is something that I consider not fair, I will express what I think, but more as a question than expressing anger back. If the answer or answers are another "rub", first thing a rule which is for me what we call here an "iron rule": log off, and go cool down with something else.

Then I reflect on the situation and think: I will not react negativelly, I will try to be flexible and clear things out. Counting up to 100 also helps.  Next, log in again, and show that "if you rub back, you get rubbed even more", and not always you have to "polish" a person. Polish the situation.

Is this what you meant?

Hugs
Sylvinha

23 Mar 2012     

Daisee
Vietnam

definitly food 4 thought

Embrace and learn from the irritating rubs of life.  You, and your mirror are being prepared and polished for bigger and better things in the future!

http://www.nihcl.com/tips-for-success/2011/august-11.asp

23 Mar 2012     

Redbull
Thailand

my mirrors on the ceiling have to be cleaned and too well polished every week or I can �t see myself making love or having sex to the girl I have that night.

It �s also good to do a bit of rubbing against the mirror with a few angles to watch every now and again with your partner although you can�t get much leeway with a dresser mirror can you?

This is my way of cleaning and rubbing out the problems in life, because someone rubs me up the wrong way...!

TRUE STORY ABOUT THE MIRRORS.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

23 Mar 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Redbull! I should have known better!  You are a terror! LOL Have a good week end all the same!

23 Mar 2012     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh lord, who has time to polish their mirrors anymore;)? Rub, eh? Rub-a-dub-dub, that �s what you do to a rub.... (I sound so much more optimistic than I actually am, you know).

23 Mar 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

Gosh, Mariethe! Rub + Mirror? That�s always a perfect way to arouse our little, priapic fantasiser in Thailand. And, naturally, he responded. And, naturally, you responded.

And I�m not being judgemental - one of my favourite Discworld characters is Nanny Ogg.

23 Mar 2012     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Big smile       Unhappy      Clap   Censored  

Have a nice day, lol

linda

23 Mar 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

Y U No Pay Attenshun?

23 Mar 2012