Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Drama in the EFL classroom    

Drama in the EFL classroom

arcumo
Spain

Drama in the EFL classroom

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about starting a drama class with some 15-year-old students. The idea would be to prepare a sketch which then would be played for other students. Do you know where I could find nice and interesting scripts? My students are teenagers with an elementary level and what I have found so far is either too childish or too difficult.

Thanks

24 Mar 2012      

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Hi arcumo, I �ve sent you a pm.

24 Mar 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Last year I wrote a script with a group 8-graders in a drama camp. Have a look, maybe it �ll give you some ideas  http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=592875#thetop
Sophia

24 Mar 2012     

tugce078
Cyprus

hi arcumo ,

ı think you can choose Macbeth by shakespeare we used in high school the age of 14+ and ıt was usefull and effective ın addıtıon, ıt is authentic material they can acquire cultural language awareness. ı hope it will give u some idea.

24 Mar 2012     

tugce078
Cyprus

opppsss! Arcumo , ı have realised your students elementary sorry ı think it will be too hard...  forget it . sorry :(

24 Mar 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

Sad to say, Macbeth in the original is too difficult for most English-speaking high school students. I used to teach Adult High School students Macbeth, and one day I had jury duty and left a BBC video to show in class. (Great cast, by the way, Ian McKellan and Judi Dench.) Anyway, the substitute teacher complained that she didn �t understand it. So, no, don �t go with Macbeth!

24 Mar 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Maybe you can find something at

or

Cheers

Jayho

24 Mar 2012