Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Video for adult High Beginner    

Video for adult High Beginner

annabelle1654
Germany

Video for adult High Beginner

Hello All,

I have a female, adult, high beginner of English who is easily bored.  She wrote in her intake sheet that she wanted to "watch videos" and "listen to songs".  I �m interested in video material I can get (dvd is best because I have a hard time with downloading on the internet, problem with speed). The problem is she doesn �t like to do exercises of more than a page. So, something that �s interesting and education would be great if it was aimed at her level or a little higher.  I �ve thought about National Geographic, but I �m not sure it �s accessible to a high beginner and also I need english subtitles.  I know there is a huge cache of songs with worksheets here which I intend to make use of, but can someone help me with Learning series, comedies perhaps, anything that I could use.

Thanks in advance for your help and support,
Best regards,
Belles

28 Mar 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

How about You Tube? Do you have trouble downloading from there? Anyway, if you follow this link you �ll find some videos on Britain  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsxbpo0Vikk&feature=related
Sophia

28 Mar 2012     

Mietz
Germany

If you are teaching the student within a business context, the TV-series "The office" might be interesting and challenging to watch. You can find parts of it under youtube and there is a good worksheet series here starting with: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=105672#thetop

Hope this might help.

Mietz

28 Mar 2012     

annabelle1654
Germany

Thank you both, yes I have a slow intternet connection. Mietz does The Office have English subtitles on the DVD?  It �s always a little hard to hear and understand over the internet, and before I buy it, I want to make sure you can get English subtitles too. 

28 Mar 2012     

Mietz
Germany

Yes. There are subtitles on the DVD �s. At least on the set I had. (I rented mine from the video shop BTW. You could try that - for other films and series, too. Ally McBeal is also good. Loads of office and legal stuff...)
Mietz

28 Mar 2012     

solramis
Argentina

Hi! try the New Headway beginner dvd, I�m using it with my students, it�s great! ist�s about a group of four friends living together in England. You can downloaded it in www.englishtips.org, and you�ll find many more!!! Good luck!

28 Mar 2012