Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > New Year´s Resolutions...    

New Year´s Resolutions...

fletsch
Canada

New Year´s Resolutions...

Happy New Year 2009 Everyone:

I think that many people are starting teaching again on Monday.  I always start my first class of the year by having each student write down 5 New Year�s Resolutions.  I explain to them what "New Year�s Resolutions" are first and then give them some time to think of their ideas and write them down.  When they are done, I collect them and put them in an envelope.  I usually wait until the end of that term and then hand them back to my students.  They have a great time re-visiting their resolutions and I go around get them to tell me some of their resolutions.  I think it is a fun way to start the New Year, and of course, it gives us teachers something to do for our first week back...

3 Jan 2009      

blizzard1
Denmark

Great idea fletsch.

4 Jan 2009     

S�lvia73
Portugal

What a fantastic idea, fletsch! It�s great for warming them up! Clap
Thanks!

4 Jan 2009