Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > I need your justice!    

I need your justice!

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

I need your justice!

Dear Colleagues,

Last year, my pupils and I prepared a general revision for 4th grade programme which I shared with my inspector and colleagues.
Three weeks ago, when I published that general revision on eslprintables they sent me a private message saying that another colleague had already sent them that same revision many months ago and they gave me the website on which that colleague had published my wok. i checked that and found out that my work is published on the name of another "colleague" woman. This name proved to be a "pseudo" because my inspector told me that it doesn �t exist.
I have the script of that revision which was processed by my pupils themselves.
I was accused  of stealing ,  my contribution was removed  from the website and my points were cancelled .I asked eslprintables administrators to give me the email address of that "colleague" but there was no answer.
I don �t know what to do really! I feel so frustrated and disoppointed! Dear colleagues I rely on your compassion to tell me what to do.

Have a nice day/evening

1 Apr 2012      

Jayho
Australia

Hi Lilia Laz

I emphasise with your position. It is certainly most disappointing to know that your own unpublished work has been stolen and uploaded here.

I think that only Victor can assist you with this matter and it is therefore best if you contact him.  However, given the severity of current site issues I believe that he will not be able to offer you a quick resolution.

Until he can attend to it may I suggest that you review the security of your work documents and perhaps consider some way of secretly identifying your work as your own should this happen again.

Cheers

Jayho

1 Apr 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I believe there �s a way of reading the name of the original creator of the document in the document �s properties.
Sophia

1 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Lilia, that �s awful, for sure, but I would advise you to put it down to experience. 

1 Apr 2012     

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

Hi Jayho,

Thanks for your advice
I have already contacted Victor but I received no answer from him
Can you tell me please how should i reviw the security of my work or identify it as my own work? Thanks in advance for clarifying things

Have a nice day

2 Apr 2012     

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

Dear cunliffe,

Thanks for the advice but what do you mean by "put it down to experience"? Should I forget about it?

have a nice day

2 Apr 2012     

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

Hi Sophia,
 Thanks for your advice

Have a nice day

2 Apr 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Lilia Laz

I recommend you keep your work electronically secure.

If you don�t have your own secure computer drive then you could:
1.  password protect it so that only you can open it (see  here)
2.  put a watermark on it then convert it to PDF so that it can �t be easily edited by anyone else using that computer
3. Store it electronically only on your own external drive (e.g. USB stick)
4. Make sure you add author details in the the advanced properties
5. Store it online in your own secure account such as Google docs

It�s also a good idea to not leave spare hard copies lying around.  Sadly many teachers like to take �samples � but then use it without your knowledge, either in your own school or other schools.  I found this to be common practice when I worked as a substitute teacher.

I hope some of this may help your problem.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Apr 2012     

goospanish
Mexico

good advice   srry ur  work was taken

26 Jul 2012