Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Ideas for a lesson with a self-made instrument    

Ideas for a lesson with a self-made instrument

aniapen
Poland

Ideas for a lesson with a self-made instrument

Dear colleagues,
I �d like to ask you for some ideas for preparing a short lesson for six-year-olds.
It �s a lesson, or rather just an activity, which should take about 10 to 15 minutes. It �s going to take place during "an open day". During this day parents and their six-year-olds can visit our school and decide whether they would like their children to join our school next September. To encourage them we should prepare some creative activities to do with the kids.
The head teacher asked the German teacher and me to prepare an activity which would involve using an instrument and some singing (either in German or in English). So we decided that we �re going to create a very simple self-made instrument with the kids and then use it to sing a simple song. And we �re looking for some ideas for the simple instrument :) Something that the kids could prepare (with our help) and then use.
I know that you always have such wonderful ideas, so if you could give me some, I would be really grateful.
Thank you in advance
Have a nice Sunday :)

Anna

1 Apr 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

My CBeeBies Christmas Album has a song called "Let �s make music", but unfortunately, I can �t find the audio right now... You can hear it in the background in this video  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xYKLBtihiU
Sophia

1 Apr 2012     

martinasvabova
Czech Republic

You can find some nice ideas here:
http://www.busybeekidscrafts.com/Homemade-Musical-Instruments.html

1 Apr 2012     

aniapen
Poland

Thank you! :)

1 Apr 2012