Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > how to make a puzzle from a picture    

how to make a puzzle from a picture

aneramo
Romania

how to make a puzzle from a picture

Does anyone have any idea how to make a puzzle from a picture? Is there a special program that can do that? I want to print some pictures so i can cut them into puzzles piece. Thanks.

3 Apr 2012      

Pinky Makus
Canada

One way is to search for puzzle templates remove the white background colour in Word or Photoshop and lay the template over top of your favourite photo.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=Puzzle+template&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=g06&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=TRp7T9TZHoapiQK8rY0a&ved=0CC0QsAQ&biw=981&bih=918#q=Puzzle+template&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=i06&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&source=lnt&tbs=ic:gray&sa=X&ei=Txp7T9n6NuPMiQKbprEj&ved=0CBQQpwUoAg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=7d516fb36c6656c1&biw=981&bih=918

Or you can search for puzzle generators.  Try this one:

http://bighugelabs.com/jigsaw.php

3 Apr 2012     

foose1
United States

I lay the template over the picture in powerpoint and then save as a png.  Afterwards, I cut each puzzle piece out and again save as png.  When I say cut, I actually erase everything around the puzzle piece and make the outside transparent.  It is time consuming but it can be done.

John

3 Apr 2012     

asungilsanz
Spain

Try this one and see if it works.

3 Apr 2012     

aneramo
Romania

Thanks for your support. You are the best.

4 Apr 2012