Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Strategies for support    

Strategies for support

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Strategies for support

Hi colleagues. I have been asked to produce a list of helpful strategies for supporting EAL students within the mainstream classroom, from beginner level through to advanced bilingual learners. An example for beginners would be matching picture and word, for advanced learners, providing writing frames. Does anyone know of such a list anywhere?I used to have one, produced by Sandwell, but it �s long gone. Any ideas?

4 Apr 2012      

Mariethe House
France

This is what I found. Don �t know if it can help!Smile
http://www.veavideo.com/teachersNotes/Teaching%20ESL%20Students%20in%20the%20Mainstream%20Classroom.pdf

4 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, Marie, this is a fantastic link, the job �s a good �un! Many thanks, Lynne. Clap

4 Apr 2012     

hannenn
Tunisia

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii eslprintables mates , thank u super victor for this incredible site I �m grateful to this genius idea you are the best Clap Heart

4 Apr 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Cunliffe

This doesn�t meet your description but it is a useful guide for mainstream teachers.  Maybe it is useful.  http://esl.fis.edu/teachers/support/faq1.htm

This one kind of meets your description: www.pps.k12.or.us/curriculum/PDFs/ESL_Modifications.pdf

Cheers

Jayho

4 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Yep, very useful, thanks, Jayho. Now my task is to narrow down all the tips and strategies to a �do � list of between 12 and 16 points. Happy holidays! 

4 Apr 2012