Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Having students from last year again    

Having students from last year again

carinita
Argentina

Having students from last year again

Hello! I �m having back this year a group of students I had a year ago Experienced teachers!!! Could you send me some advice? suggestions? comment anything?
Have a nice Sunday!

8 Apr 2012      

moravc
Czech Republic

And what �s the problem?

8 Apr 2012     

carinita
Argentina

I tend to see it as an advantage. I know them...they know me. Perhaps the situation is a bit demanding for me. I suppose I should be innovative...change my strategies so that they don �t know what �s going to happen next.

8 Apr 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

One other thing I �d like to point out: if you also have new students coming into the group, do your best to make them feel welcome, included, and not behind. And being innovative is good, too. You will probably have to teach different material after you review the older work. Again, you know the group; do they like routines, or do they like new activities? Go with whatever works for you.

8 Apr 2012     

carinita
Argentina

This group is very heterogeneous so the best thing to do, I think, is to vary activities Still, some things I did last year are to remain the same. Thanks!

8 Apr 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

Try various warm-ups. Maybe some new routine would be nice...
How about reading/listening to a graded reader in the last few minutes of the lesson?

8 Apr 2012     

carinita
Argentina

The idea about the reading is good!  I deliver a lesson of 80minutes and then, later in the afternoon I teach 40minutes more Thanks!

9 Apr 2012