Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me please    

Help me please

Farah12
Lebanon

Help me please

Hello everyone,
Could anyone suggest an ice-breaker ( game)or an activity ( or a video)  to start a workshop for my colleagues (other teachers) about " Differentiated instruction"?

Thanks in advance

9 Apr 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I remember attending a seminar about teacher-development and one of the speakers used this cartoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMdTBep3W9c What do you think? Could this serve your purpose?

Here are some quotes you could also use, leaving out some words and asking your colleagues to guess:

Fair is not everyone getting the same thing. Fair is everyone getting what they need. -Anonymous.

Most teachers waste their time by asking questions which are intended to discover what a pupil does not know whereas the true art of questioning has for its purpose to discover what the pupil knows or is capable of knowing. - Albert Einstein

The road to success is always under construction. - Arnold Palmer

Never a checklist, always complexity.  There is no step-by-step shortcut to transformation. - Michael Fullan

The road to success is always under construction. - Arnold Palmer

It is a curiosity of teaching that no two days are alike, but, if we are not careful, all the days can take on a deadening sameness.  We must remember that we have every opportunity to transform ourselves and our practice, just as we have every opportunity to stagnate, remaining much the same teachers we were when we began.  -  Carol Ann Tomlinson 

Not sure if that�s what you have in mind... anyways, please give me some feedback.

Sophia

9 Apr 2012     

carinita
Argentina

Those quotations are great! Goofy �s lesson feels like torture!

9 Apr 2012