Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Sharing photos on the Net    

Sharing photos on the Net

carinita
Argentina

Sharing photos on the Net

Hello everyone!
If you share photos with DROPBOX, can viewers download those photos? 
I �d like to take pictures of a group of students (teens) I have to find the way so that the pictures can be seen but not downloaded. These students are prone to making pranks
Thanks in advance

10 Apr 2012      

manonski (f)
Canada

Everytime I �ve used dropbox for pictures, it was possible to download the pictures.  Any pictures can be saved. Even if you can �t download, it �s easy to do a print screen and save the image in a picture format such as jpeg.

10 Apr 2012     

PhilipR
Thailand

Dropbox does not feature online viewing. The Public Folder lets people who have the exact link download files.

Uploading your pics to a photo-sharing site such as Flickr or Picasa would be a better idea.

BTW, why not let them download? You must realise that if photos can be viewed on-screen, it �s easy to take a snapshot of the screen and save that for later viewing.

10 Apr 2012     

carinita
Argentina

Both are right! These students have a tendency to call each other names I �m afraid sharing the pics on the Net will trigger "bullying" However they call names when they are face to face in the classroom ssooooo...

11 Apr 2012