Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Problem with powerpoints    

Problem with powerpoints

Guadalupesm
Spain

Problem with powerpoints

Hi, everyone,
I �ve been working on a powerpoint, and the problem is that it is large, even with only two or three pages.

And I haven�t included any image yet, I�ve only chosen the design and written the text.

Can anyone tell me how do comprise it, please?

Thanks a lot,

Guadalupesm

16 Apr 2012      

Mallerenga
Spain

Hi Guadalupe
You can compress the images right-clicking them. Then, there is an option where you can compress the images to internet size.

Another thing is that if you copy and paste normally are larger than when you save and insert them. I think that there are some helpful posts in the tutorial area at the top of the page.

Mallerenga

16 Apr 2012     

htunde
Hungary

It is usually the pictures that are of large size. You must take into consideration that jpg files are much smaller than png files. You can convert a picture from png to jpg if you open it in eg. paint (program available as part of Windows) and save it as a jpg file. Further contractions can be done by cutting the unnecessary parts, making the picture smaller or by compressing it (these are done when you have your jpg picture in your ppt). A good tutorial is here: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/powerpoint2010
Hope it was helpful, best wishes
T�nde

16 Apr 2012     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

be sure to insert the pictures instead of copy/pasting

16 Apr 2012     

libertybelle
United States

Reduce the size of your images before you insert them into WORD.
Use a paint program.  I use Photo Shop - but use whatever you have.
You can also buy programs for compressing your images and worksheets
without losing resolution or quality.
And last, but not least, you can compress them in Word.
But the best is to resize them before you insert them.

16 Apr 2012