Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help! Mothertongue help required to check a formal letter.    

Help! Mothertongue help required to check a formal letter.

modelena
Italy

Help! Mothertongue help required to check a formal letter.

Dear All,
I �m writing to ask for help. I was given the task by my headteacher to write a formal letter to another headteacher about a project carried out between the two schools.Will anyone be so kind to check if this letter is correct?
Thak you very much for your help.

this is the text

Formal letter from a headteacher to another one about an international partnership.

Dear Mr/Mrs    

We are very glad that our school has been given the chance to carry out a penfriend project with yours. We think that it has been a very good opportunity for our students to learn something new of another country, culture and education system and an enriching experience to improve their foreign language competencies.

We hope that our students will keep in touch with their new penfriends after the end of this school year in order to keep on exchanging ideas and personal experiences.

We also wish that this could be the beginning of an effective partnership between our two schools.

Yours faithfully

��..

17 Apr 2012      

elowe
United Kingdom

It �s great, i �ve just changed a few things but they �re not serious mistakes... Em xx

Dear Mr/Mrs

We are very glad that our school has been given the chance to carry out a penfriend project with yours. We think that it will be a great opportunity for our students to learn something new about another country, culture and education system and an enriching experience to improve their foreign language competencies.

We hope that our students will keep in touch with their new penfriends after the end of this school year in order to keep on exchanging ideas and personal experiences.

We also wish that this could be the beginning of an effective partnership between our two schools.

Yours faithfully

17 Apr 2012     

yanogator
United States

It �s very nicely written, modelena. The one change I would recommend is to replace "keep on exchanging" with "continue exchanging". "Keep on" is a little informal, although not really inappropriate here. I just think "continue" sounds a little better.

@elowe,
I think we wrote at the same time. My understanding is that the exchange has already taken place. I do agree about "about", though.

Bruce

17 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

This is a well written letter. I would just quibble that �in order to keep on exchanging � sounds a little stiff and I would put �so they can keep on exchanging... �

�about � is right.

�It has been a very good opportunity � is right.

17 Apr 2012     

modelena
Italy

Thank you!!!! I was really worried about this letter. Now I feel very happy and as always in this community there are a lot of caring and helpful  friends!
Hugs!
elena

17 Apr 2012