Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Mother´s day    

Mother´s day

barbarachiote
Brazil

Mother´s day

Hi there, great teachers!

Pleeeeeaase!Geek I´m not creative enough these days and I need ideas to work out for mother´s day. Could you help me? I need lesson plans, songs and maybe a poem for kids and teens.

Thanks so much!Hug

Barbara 

17 Apr 2012      

jasmid
Colombia

this a great idea make an acrosstic
created a card with amazing message,

or decorate a glass  and decorate with chocolate or candies

I found this
Mother’s Day Poem

Have students use the letters of MOTHER to create an acrostic. These poems can be
illustrated and framed or placed inside a special hand-crafted Mother’s Day card!

Here is an example:

“M” is for the million things she gave me,

“O” means only that she’s growing old,

“T” is for the tears she shed to save me,

“H” is for her heart of purest gold;

“E” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,

“R” means right, and right she’ll always be,

Put them all together, they spell

“MOTHER,”

A word that means the world to me.

2. Breakfast in Bed Menu:

Have students plan a breakfast menu for mom for Mother’s Day. Have them make a list
of things they need to buy to make their mom’s breakfast and create a breakfast scroll to
go on her breakfast tray.

3. Vouchers for Activities:

Sometimes the nicest gifts are gifts of time and caring. Have students each prepare a
booklet of twelve vouchers for “free” labor for mom. She may use them any time she
needs them. Here are some examples from a sixth grade class.

Walk the dog voucher

Baby-sit my little brother voucher

Feed the goldfish voucher

Take out the garbage voucher

Do the dishes voucher

Set the table voucher

Make dinner voucher

Vacuum the house voucher

“You name the task” voucher

4. Mother’s Day Resolutions

Have students create Mother’s Day Resolutions for the members of their family. Here
are some examples from a junior grade class.

I hereby resolve to make my own bed; pick up my clothes; and take out the trash the
first time Mom asks.

Dad hereby resolves to compliment Mom on every meal she cooks, and will regularly
release her from kitchen duty by preparing a Mother’s Day dinner for the family.

I hereby resolve to take back to the kitchen all the knives, forks, spoons, plates cups
and mugs I have somehow accumulated under my bed, in the car and in my tree
house.

I hereby resolve to conquer the monsters who have taken over our backyard. I will
pull those weeds, prune those bushes and cut that grass before it grows over the
house!

I hereby resolve to walk around Mom’s flowerbeds instead of through them. And I’ll
never, ever kick the tops off the rose bushes again.

I hereby resolve to help Dad paint the trim over the garage.

I hereby resolve to remove the French Fries Tots from the box before sticking them
into the oven, thereby reducing stress for Mom. I will also stop drinking juice
from the carton and I will not put empty milk cartons back into the fridge.

5. A Card for Mother

At this center, locate a variety of craft supplies. Have the students design their
own Mother’s Day cards using this material.

6. A Portrait of the Family:

Locate family paintings at this center. Have the children each paint a picture of their
family. Have them write a brief description of the members of their family. If they wish
to include grandparents or exclude absentee parents, do not discourage them. This is their
vision of their family. Praise individual differences.

7. Mother’s Day Coffee Cup:

Purchase china markers and plain coffee mugs. Have the children design in crayon a
band which is the same height and circumference as their coffee mug. When they are
satisfied with their design, have them copy it onto the coffee mug using china base
markers. These designs, when dried, are dishwasher safe! For younger students, you can
purchase mugs which allow the student to fit his finished crayon design into the cup and
snap the upper rim in place. This avoids the use of permanent markers! The cups are
more expensive and not as durable.

8. Mother’s Day Wrapping Paper:

Have the students cut a design into a potato half. Then have them dip the potato print
block into liquid tempera or a stamp pad and stamp the design onto craft paper or tissue
paper or newsprint. Have them use the completed wrapping paper to wrap their Mother’s
Day gift. The same technique may be used on long sheets of white mural paper to make
table cloths for Mother’s Day dinner.

9. The Cat’s Meow!:

Have the students use a modeling base of equal parts of plaster of Paris and sawdust
poured into a one liter milk carton. Let dry overnight and remove the carton. Have them
sculpt the block into a cat or other shape for a Mother’s Day sculpture. The completed
sculptures may be sprayed with clear shellac, painted and sprayed, spray painted or
antiqued with brown shoe polish.

10. The Big Book of Mothers:

Have the class create a Big Book by each painting a picture to go with a caption starting
“Mothers are…” In order to avoid repetition, you may wish to start this activity during the
whole group session and have each child select which caption he/she is going to
illustrate. Place the Big Book in the school or classroom library and allow each child to
take it home for sharing.

17 Apr 2012     

Mariethe House
France

Thank you so much!

18 Apr 2012     

Gaby141
United Kingdom

There are some really lovely ideas here Jasmid. Thanks for sharing!

18 Apr 2012     

Lucia13
Armenia

I also liked Jasmid ´s ideas!Thank you

I have some poems and foldables posted on my personal blog,you can have a look at 

18 Apr 2012     

barbarachiote
Brazil

WOW! That´s wonderful! Thank you so much!

18 Apr 2012