Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Updated file and lost points    

Updated file and lost points

geevee
Hong Kong

Updated file and lost points

I had uploaded a powerpoint slideshow the day before and I updated the same yesterday.  Though it was an update, I lost the points which I had gained upon uploading the earlier version of the same powerpoint :-( .  Can anything be done about this ??

19 Apr 2012      

moravc
Czech Republic

Nothing can be done I am afraid. There are 300 new wss every day and therefore it is not possible to retrieve each ppt/doc that had been deleted.  You should have been more careful, sorry.
Every time we are attempting to delete a printable / presentation, there is a CLEAR message that the points would be lost.
What can you do now?
Upload new printables and gain new points - this is the easiest way to solve your problem of "lost points".
Need help or inspiration? Try our free  Templates   and Tutorials.
Good luck.

19 Apr 2012     

geevee
Hong Kong

If I had been attempting to delete the slideshow, I would not have posted the above query.  Thing is, I was updating the .ppt file.  The old file disappeared and since I �m new here, I thought that �s what normally happens until I realized that points had been deducted too.  Hence the query.  We are not supposed to lose points for updating a file, are we ?

19 Apr 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sorry, but I am getting lost. If you just updated the ppt. you shouldn�t lose your points. Are you sure you haven�t uploaded the new file and the older one was still there? In that case it could be removed by moderators as repeated. If you just updated the older file and you still lost points, I would advise you to ask Victor to help.

20 Apr 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

If you updated the file, it should be there. The preview picture sometimes disappears for an hour or so, but when the midnight comes, the printable appears among other recent contributions.
Tell us the name of the contribution you "lost" - I can see a ppt on present continuous, adjectives and doc on clusters. Nothing else can be seen.

IMHO it is much faster to reupload the ppt and gain new points than to ask Victor, the owner of this site... Victor gets hundreds of PMs / emails, most of them are false claims and he is not able to solve everything...
I don �t know how many points you lost, but if it was 1-9 points, you shouldn �t really bother Victor with that and sort the problem yourself - reupload it.

We have beautiful templates and tutorials and they can help you to make apealing worksheets both for your students and ESLP colleages. You will become a premium member very soon, don�t worry.

20 Apr 2012