Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Alphabet letters as people in stories    

Alphabet letters as people in stories

papadeli
Greece

Alphabet letters as people in stories

This is how I present the alphabet. One letter a day, both cases. I make a story about them and draw the letters as characters. I always teach them in a song I make up
e.g. HH, Hh, hat
       Hh, Hh, hat
It sounds like a rap song with some clapping
H is the mother  and h is the daughter. They both wear hats. Soft hats. That �s because they live in a very hot country. They never wear shoes because they hate noise. They always whisper. Hhhhhhh
They are family. They do the same things. So, they are presented together.
 They have a surname. Mrs Hat is short but proud of her tall and thin daughter. That �s why she �s so happy...
They could also be presented as father and son and represent the pronoun he. I give names as Helen, Hope... You could add bubbles to make them say their favourite words such as Hello, Hi... They are sociable, like meeting people and they have best friends. They usually go out with c...ch and make other sounds.
 See more at papadeligames 

20 Apr 2012      

maryse pey�
France

A very interesting idea, indeed !

20 Apr 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Really nice!

20 Apr 2012     

anaisabel001
Spain