Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I can ´t believe such attitude:o((    

I can ´t believe such attitude:o((

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I can ´t believe such attitude:o((

Hi.

Sorry to bother you with this but something has happened I would like to know your opinion about this person �s attitude.
Today I got a PM which has made me really angry. Yesterday and the day before one of the members reported foose1 �s powerpoints. They were great games for young learners and so when she reported the second one, I sent her a PM asking her to check wss before she reports them. Not only because foose1, whose ws had been reported unfairly, but also because moderating is  time-consuming and these wrong reports waste our precious time. Mind you, she is a moderator herself yet not active (at least as far as I know). Today I got her answer saying that she hadn �t downloaded the wss because she "didn �t find it interesting enough". So that means she reported wss without even checking if they are really flashcards (she reported it as a single FCs). At the end of her PM she also said "By the way thanks for wasting your "precious time" and reporting my worksheets. Thanks to you I will upload them again and get extra points."

As for me, I don �t remember if I reported her wss or not but if I did it was for a right reason (haven �t reported by mistake for several months now). I think her answer was really cheeky and such person shouldn �t be a moderator with this kind of attitude.

Because I copied parts of the PM here I intentionally don �t mention her name but I believe she will know who I am writing about. What do you other think about such behaviour?

Hugs, Michaela

24 Apr 2012      

Zsuzsapszi
Hungary

Dear Michaela,

I think you are totally right. I �m on your side. I know you report a ws when it is really against the rules. We �ve seen several times that there are members who do not hesitate to report a ws because of anger or revenge. And there are also members who thinks they have to report bad quality wss (like this one).
Victor will not let him/her to do this because this behaviour is not allowed here.
About the reasons why he/she does it: There are more possibilities. Reasons can be jealousy, low self-assessment, projection, etc.

Don �t be upset because of him/her!

Hugs,
Susan

24 Apr 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

There should be a warning given to those who report for no reasons or out of spite. After a certain number, they could lose the right to moderate or even report.  I don �t know if that �s doable but that would be a solution.

Mistakes can happen but if you report the work of someone, at least, give them the credit to have a look at their work before you hit "report" and in doubt, ignore, send a private message or ask on the forum.

24 Apr 2012     

coyote.chus
Spain

Dear Michaela,
I completely agree with you. This memeber has been first, very irresponsible  for reporting without checking, and second, really rude for answering to you in such a way. 
Don �t pay her any more attention, it isn �t worth it.

Chus

24 Apr 2012     

perma
Greece

Suzan, foose1 �s game was no bad quality worksheet! The member who reported it thought so, because she didn �t bother to check it. It was (is) a fully interactive game.

Several of this member �s worksheets were reported yesterday by other members of the site, including one by myself today, because they had watermarked clipart in them. I personally reported one just before, to make a point: on the one hand she reports perfectly good worksheets, on the other hand she persistently breaks the rules herself. Which is a pity, because her work is otherwise really good. 

I do agree though, Michaella shouldn �t be upset over it. Let �s all waste our precious time with something else Cool

24 Apr 2012     

Tmk939
Russian Federation

Hello Michaella,

I think you �re totally right. Yu �re a responsible person and I ask you not to worry  about that person. I also think that there should be a rule warning such persons about their responsibility.
Tmk 939

24 Apr 2012