Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How should I respond    

How should I respond

mariamit
Greece

How should I respond

Hi everyone.

I haven �t been around much because I had back surgery and wasn �t allowed to sit for a period longer than a couple of minutes. Logging in, I often found a few requests  to send worksheets which I sometimes did. Today, I had 11 such requests! I am always willing to share and to help new members but I think this has gotten out of hand. Two members have sent me over 5 PM to send them more worksheets of mine. ( I admit I  made the mistake of sending them a couple already) . To top it off they are asking if I have certain books in pdf format to also share. Have any of you had this problem? What did you do?

Thanks.

24 Apr 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello Maria,
Welcome back:) Sorry you had to undergo a surgery. I hope you �ll have a less painful and speedy recovery. 
I myself haven �t received any pms of such kind, but I do remember a post on the forum about the same problem and judging by the comments in that thread, this thing seems to have gone viral, i.e. someone is continuing to send pms asking for ws.
I just can �t seem to find the thread on the forum. Maybe someone else will.
Meanwhile, if you�re bothered by the pms, you could choose to ignore those users.
Sophia  

24 Apr 2012     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hi

Glad to see you back.

I did get a couple of messages like that as well and just chose to ignore them. If you feel it �s getting out of hand, you have two choices in my opinion: click the "ignore" button and never receive messages from that member or transfer the messages to Victor. 

24 Apr 2012     

Tmk939
Russian Federation

Hello, Maria,
It �s better to click the button and ignore these messages.
Tmk939

24 Apr 2012     

lady_gargara
Turkey

I don �t have any idea about that problem but I �m really happy to see you bak. I hope you are doing well. You are both a great contributor and a great friend. I hope we will see you here more frequently.

Hug Heart  Hug

Nebihan

24 Apr 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Maria!

Glad you back! Hope you get better soon!

I have received messages like the ones you have mentioned but I have decided to ignore the user(s).

Best wishes to you.Thumbs Up

24 Apr 2012     

douglas
United States

Welcome back Maria,

Hope you get well soon. 

I usually respond to these people �s worksheet requests by ignoring their PMs or, if they ask for pdf books, I send them a PM stating that I don �t promote nor take part in copywrite infringement.  They don �t usually ask for anymore worksheets after that.

It sounds hard, but their begging and wanting something for nothing goes against the premise of this site.

Douglas

24 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

You sound like a lovely person - bit of a soft touch? Just ignore them is my advice. 

24 Apr 2012     

Poppingdale
Portugal

I �ve received several of those pms and sent those people what they wanted and they never contacted me again. I �m glad I could help! However, if they had continued to ask for materials, thus avoiding to contribute to the site, I would also choose to ignore them.

24 Apr 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Poppingdale, I just love your avatar.

24 Apr 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Dear Maria, I hope you are feeling better now and that you are totally recovered very soon.

I can tell you I have received those messages too and sent some of my worksheets but also suggested creating their own worksheets to share as the best way to have access to all the materials here. Never received an answer of any kind, but now and then I receive new requests. I just ignore them all now.

24 Apr 2012     

1    2    Next >