Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > asking for movie suggestions    

asking for movie suggestions

pianogirl
Iran

asking for movie suggestions

Dear Friends,

I am a TEFL English teacher. i have a FCE class this term.(upper intermediate). I wonder if you could help me about showing a good movie in the class. something they can learn from. I know some good movies but i have no activities prepared for them. I would be glad if you could suggest some. by the way because of some limitations we are not allowed to show movies with sexual or nudity scenes. thank you already

25 Apr 2012      

alexziaa
France

Movie - Mamma Mia -2008

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=509023#thetop

wish you all the best.

25 Apr 2012     

alexziaa
France

check this link please: 
this is also educational movie with history in it...it is very helpful for students.

all the best...

25 Apr 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Nice story, gives them food for thought ...  In English of course, but without subtitles. 
Matt Damon, Robin Williams, great acting

25 Apr 2012     

orly100
Israel

HOME  Home
A great video. "This is one of those movies where you wake up the next morning and see everything in a completely different way".

25 Apr 2012     

miss K.
Ukraine

How about "Alvin and Chipmunks" or Charly and Chocolate factory? There are things to learn there.  I think there are some ws on this site for Charly and the chocolate factory.

25 Apr 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I assume we �re talking about teenage students, so why not watch Cyberbully 
I think if you arrange discussions around it wisely, it will be benefitial for your students not only languagewise. 
You can watch the movie here: part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_rIr7BkdYg&feature=related
But, I have to say it�s a bit girly:)
Sophia

25 Apr 2012     

aziz_bouzeir03
Morocco

how about        how i met ur mother  it isnt a movie but it is a great tv series and there are a lot of clean episodes. for example u can do conditional type 3 with with an episode called lucky penny season 2 episode 15 u can check it

25 Apr 2012     

suberoro
Austria

I also teach FCE. There �s one boy who keeps asking to watch a movie every week. I then tell him: My Use of English exercises are much more exciting. You find them here (ten pages each!) ... Movie time after the exam in June! Regards, Robert 

25 Apr 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Not my kind of movie, but I �ve just finished watching this with a group of 16-year-olds and they just loved it ... What can I say ? Give it a try!

25 Apr 2012     

pianogirl
Iran

Thanks a million  all:)

26 Apr 2012