Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help    

I need your help

dtobarma
Spain

I need your help

Hi everyone again, some days ago I wrote a message asking some help but noone replyed Ermm, so I am going to try again. I hope to be lucky this time Smile

I would like to have some references about learning materials, books or similars, (printed and printables resources mainly) to use with students from 9 to 12 and they don�t like English too much or they have difficulties with studies.

The aim with these students is to have a book in class (different from the rest of classmates and not to have the same book but one or two levels lower).

So, I would be very glad if someone could recommend some class materials for these students. They all have a beginner level although some of them have been studying English for 4-6 years at class.

Kindly regards.

25 Apr 2012      

Mallerenga
Spain

Hi
What I normally do is coming to this wonderful site and I look for worksheets related to the topic I �m teaching with the rest of the class. Then, I choose some of them related to the song or story the rest of the class is working on. Normally, those kids feel more engaged as they do something similar to their classmates but in their level. They can even have the same classbook but without the workbook.

Cheers,
Mallerenga

25 Apr 2012     

olaola
Italy

...some years ago I had the same problem... I took some pages from books for kids with learning difficoulties and most of the material was created by me or taken from ESL printables... usually texts books have a part for kids with learning difficoulties, the rest I invented .....(!!!)
I used crosswords, colours by numbers with their favourite heroes (Dragonball, Spiderman, etc)... I made them cut, colour, paste and created pictures to hang on the wall (what �s the time, the seasons, animals...)
I am afraid there is not a unique  text that can solve entirely the problem of teaching to difficoult kids....Big smile

25 Apr 2012     

dtobarma
Spain

Hi Mallerenga, thanks for your advise.

In my case I am the teacher�s helper techer and students come with me just once a week and the rest of the time are in class. Until now we have been using differents worksheets and sometimes these students follow the songs or similar activities that their classmates have in the class book.

I was asking about any book by a publisher in order to have some references and maybe use with them. Anyway, I also think I can use this lovely site to complement those materials which are being working in class.

Thanks a lot for the reply, best for now. Diego.

25 Apr 2012     

dtobarma
Spain

Thanks to you too Olaola!

That that is the problem that I �m facing,  maybe a book can not cover all those issues might be considered basic and at the same time that the rest of the class in a lower level. Anyway I was wondering for such materials in case there were some references.

If I don�t find any books that interests me I will try to use this interesting website.

Best for now. Diego.

25 Apr 2012     

lancieboy
Israel

islcollective.com

25 Apr 2012     

dtobarma
Spain

Thanks Lancieboy for the link.

Best wishes, Diego.

25 Apr 2012