Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Being removed!    

Being removed!

papadeli
Greece

Being removed!

It �s really sad seeing your ppt being removed after having spent 6 hours creating it and -even worse- about 1 hour resizing, uploading, rearranging it...

Most of the ppt  consists of my own drawings: the sunset, the island, the sea, the Englishman, the Greek and the French characters. The reason for being removed was not mentioned, though. Maybe there were not 4 flashcards on one page. How are flashcards counted? What about unique drawings a teacher creates ? How many should one include on one page? Fortunately, I �m not a painter seeing my work being removed from the gallery...

It �s even sadder when you have used the ppt in several classes, seen the Ss being motivated...

Have a look and let me know if you disagree...
Save me  from the shark -irregular verbs

Greetings from Greece

27 Apr 2012      

papadeli
Greece

I had uploaded the  15th page of this ppt. The hardest part!!! It has also been removed!! Have a look... Whose is it? I was told that there were not 4 flashcards on one page. How many flashcards can you see?

27 Apr 2012     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

Dear papadeli,

I love your games and your website.All the games there-Greek, English and so on-are amazing.What happened here is that because it was only one page it could not be used as a game. I downloaded it but I could do nothing with it.Isn �t it possible for you to upload the game in one part?They �re really wonderful and it �s a pity not to be able to use them.Unhappy

27 Apr 2012     

papadeli
Greece

No, I can �t because my ppts are too heavy. But I had uploaded 3 pages seperately that one could connect and use...

27 Apr 2012     

nurikzhan
Kazakhstan

Super games!!!
Thank you,
i have saved the link!

27 Apr 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Dear papadeli,

I am really sorry for that. It�s because some members here cannot imagine a powerpoint game can be "squeezed" into one slide. They just don�t want to understand that some people (you, foose1) are so skilful they can create great ppt. game and don�t need millions of slides for that. As for me I was against removal (and some other moderators too) but it seems that most of them probably didn�t check your powerpoints properly. One person also claimed your pictures are taken from bogglesworld, but hasn�t proven it.
What you can do is to download some tutorials and compress your powerpoints. But for your information - there is no rule how many slides there have to be in a powerpoint as long as it is working.

Have a nice day and don� t worry about that too much. Your work is great, maybe it could be reported because of jealousy.

27 Apr 2012     

lyssipus
Greece

incredible that they found it necesary to remove your work. There are many crappy worksheets around that nobody ever seems to report.

27 Apr 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

I feel sorry for you. If the ppt consists of several parts, it should not be removed, no matter how many slides the uploader shares in one part.
There is no rule to remove a single slide!
However some members are not very skilled and when they put the parts together the game doesn �t work and so they report it unjustly... You should REUPLOAD your ppt.

I would love to have your irregular verbs shark game...
Is there any way to download it from slideboom.com website, please?

27 Apr 2012     

orly100
Israel

I was really sad to see that your game was removed.
I also think that you should reupload your ppt. You �ve done a great job.
Have a great day.Clap

27 Apr 2012     

allakoalla
Latvia

Dear papadeli,

I really liked your work.
I also think that if you reuploaded it, it would be very nice of you.
Sometimes moderators get carried away :(.

Have a nice day.

Allakoalla

27 Apr 2012     

izulia
China

Hi Papadelli,
I just looked at your story about Agathon and Pompeii on the Slideboom.com. What a wonderful job! I �m really sorry some of your work was removed. You must be a very dedicated teacher and I hope you will not get frustrated and share more of your great work!
Hugs from China :))

27 Apr 2012