Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help Me    

Help Me

ritinha78
Portugal

Help Me

Hi everyone!

I need a little help, i�m going to start a english course for adults.

The course is for bankers and it�s about their jobs. I have no idea, because it�s my first time that i will give a course. 

Can you help me?

Thanks  

7 Jan 2009      

Pinky Makus
Canada

Try these  two links:

http://www.audioenglish.net/english-learning/efl_banking.htm

http://www.world-english.org/bank_vocabulary.htm

7 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

have you checked the business English section, ritinha78? You�ll find some useful material.

7 Jan 2009     

Camilla_2008
Brazil

Hi Ritinha,

If you�re gonna focus on conversation, you can try talking about topics such as stress and

nervous tension, politeness and rudeness, the importance of money, harassment, routine,

gossip, globalization, etc.

I�ve also found some interesting stuff on youtube, take a look:

And if you need help with vocabulary, take a look at these sites:

Hope it helped...

7 Jan 2009     

Camilla_2008
Brazil

Oh yeah...you can also discuss about robberies, insecurity, and there�s an incredible movie

you can watch with them which is called " Inside Man" with Denzel Washington, Clive

Owen and  Jodie Foster. This movie is about a bank robbery. It�s really good, and you can

have a great conversation with them afterwards.  

More links:

7 Jan 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

With any professional type training you need to start with what is called a �Needs Analysis�. This may sound very technical, but is quite simply finding out what your customers need to be able to do in English. Many will say they just want to learn English, but you need to find out what they use English for. Is it for working with clients directly, or telephoning. For e-mails and correspondence etc etc. Then find out what is their general level, and if you have a wide variety of levels in one class, you may consider holding two separate sessions. There are many other aspects to consider such as motivation - are they doing the course because they really want to, or have they been ordered to by their head company to do it, also resources and time available. If you are teaching bankers, then I would think they would expect a professional approach and if you show them that you are taking their language learning seriously and not just presenting a set course of worksheets - they will appreciate it even more.

7 Jan 2009