Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > S.O.S. --- Please help! =D    

S.O.S. --- Please help! =D

Mar0919
Mexico

S.O.S. --- Please help! =D

Hello, beautiful people!!! Guess what, I have a long weekend break, yay! But, I have to prepare for the week �s activities... and.... well, I have to start thinking about open class for the end of school year. Well, I absolutely and definitely DO NOT REMEMBER --- WHERE on earth I saw a video once, about teaching occupations through role play. I even probably saved the link, but in my thousands of files, heaven knows where and what I named it! LOL!!!! I do remember, that in the role play, participated like 6 or 8 persons, not sure. But, one at a time, they got into a line, and presented their character, then the second person got in the same line, and performed his, but the previous one, kept on mimicking his... not sure if I �m getting this clear enough to you. so... at the end of the activity, all of the persons were lined up, but each doing the movements for only his character... Aggghhhh!!! Does this sound too confusing?!?!?!? believe me, even I am confused!!! hahahaha!

If aaaaaaaaaaaanyone can help me with the link to this video, I would so much appreciate it... once the idea is stuck in my head, it �s going to keep bugging me!!!!

Anyway, if no one remembers (or understands what I mean, for that matter) don �t worry too much about it.

Although I haven �t been here much lately, I have you all beautiful people in my heart and in my prayers. Hope you all have a beautiful week, and keep up the great work everybody!!!!

Hugs,

Mar

29 Apr 2012      

pilarmham
Spain

So glad to see you! (wish I could help...)

29 Apr 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

That �s Ok, sweet friend! Like I said, the memory of the video is so confusing, I �ll understand if no one can relate to which one I mean!!!

HUGS!!!!

29 Apr 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Your always absolute and passionate self

29 Apr 2012     

pilarmham
Spain

Mar?

29 Apr 2012     

Mariethe House
France

I found this . Maybe it is useful. there are other similar videos on the right handside column.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcZErQcIpwI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9B60F474D5145A72

Nice to see you , MarSmile

30 Apr 2012     

moravc
Czech Republic

I wish I could help you, I checked youtube but in vain... sorry...
Anyway, the idea of miming simuntaneously sounds fantastic, why don �t you try it with your students. It might be such a great fun... and you �ll not need the video...

30 Apr 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

No luck yet :(   and this idea keeps bugging meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kind of remembered a little bit more about the video. once a person presented his occupation, he got in line, and mimicked the action, and then the second person would do the same, but once he got in line, the movements of both were so synchronized, that their movements would not interfere with the other person �s. That is, maybe the first person was, let �s say a police officer, who at one time or another would outstretch his arms so as to stop traffic while children crossed the street, and the second was a painter, so when the policeman spread his arms, the painter "bent" to moist his brush in a bucket of paint and would continue painting, but the movements would be so well practised that both occupation movements would be very clearly synchronized......  am I making any sense? Guess not, huh? LOL!!!!

Oh Lord, if only I could REMEMBER how the video was calleddddddddddddd! :(   

Oh well, have an excellent day everyone!!!!

Hugs!

30 Apr 2012     

Mar0919
Mexico

Oh where, oh where can my underdog be?!?!?!?!? No one remembers the video I �m talking about? Cry

1 May 2012