Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teachers from Australia WANTED!!!    

Teachers from Australia WANTED!!!

sarancha
Turkey

Teachers from Australia WANTED!!!

Hello dear colleagues!

I have an unusual request for you. I have just finished teaching my students �Australia � The Land Down Under� topic. They are 12 years old guys (the 7th form), level � intermediate. On this Wednesday we are going to have a final lesson in a way of farewell game where the students will be expected to show all their knowledge on this topic. Could you please, any of you, write an authentic letter for the students to encourage them to do their best? They have learned such aspects as: geographical location, cities and the capital, key country-study facts, history, landscape, animal world, and sights. I just need 5-10 sentences.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Alexandra Rezanovich.

30 Apr 2012      

annabelle86
France

Hi Alexandra,

I �m a French teacher and I just saw your post about some Australian teachers wanted about your last lesson on the country. I don �t know if you will read my message but here is something I think you give to your kids to encourage them:

Dear students,

I �m a French teacher of English and  I teach kids of the same age as you are. I have no doubt that you are doing your best on all the topics (subjects) your teacher gives you in class. We know that languages might be difficult but you are young and we all try to encourage you to go further to get your dreams come true and to discover more about countries anywhere in the world. Courage, will, patience and openmindedness on the world will lead you all to your best. Never hands down nor get desperate because of your marks. School is the place to give you all you need. The most important is what you are going to do with it in your life. I wish you all the best, sure you will succeed.
A French teacher.

30 Apr 2012     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I am amazed because I have just done the same with my students using the book "What �s up?" (Longman) and it would be really useful that encouraging letter for me too. They have learnt so many things about Australia that their dream is to visit it one day.
Thanks for your help
Yolanda

30 Apr 2012     

Apodo
Australia

Dear Students,

I live in a small country town in Queensland. There are a lot of wild animals in the bush* round here. I have seen koalas, kangaroos, possums, an echidna and a bandicoot, as well as snakes and lizards.

I hear you have been learning about Australia. What have you enjoyed learning about the most?  Do you think you will travel here one day? What would you like to see?

My best wishes for your final lesson. 
Do your best and I hope you all have a bonza** day.

Regards,

Marion

*Bush � woodland, forest

**Bonza - excellent, pleasing.

30 Apr 2012     

Claunika
Argentina

What a nice letter! I think I �ll use it someday, too. I �ve got a question for Australian teachers. I was working with continents and I was not sure which continent Australia belongs to. I read on some pages that Australia is a country and a continent. In Argentina, we learn at school that Oceania is the continent that includes Australia, New Zealand and other small islands. I also read that Australia as a continent does not include New Zealand, then which continent does New Zealand belong to? Thanks in advance. Regards,
Claudia

30 Apr 2012     

[email protected]
Australia

In Australia we learn that Australia is a continent alone, though technically East Timor and parts of Indonesia are on the same continent.  New Zealand is on a separate continent that is almost completely submerged. This is my understanding anyway.

G �day class, 

I am an ESL teacher in Perth, Western Australia.  I live in the most isolated (state) capital city in the world.  I teach students from all around the world to speak English, but at the moment I have no Turkish students in my class.
I hope you have enjoyed learning about Australia, it is really a unique country.  Maybe one day you will all come and visit Australia!

Good luck in your final lesson,
Miss Brooke

30 Apr 2012