Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > I need help with activities for an immersion course    

I need help with activities for an immersion course

Spanglish girl
Argentina

I need help with activities for an immersion course

Hi there!!

It �s been a long time since I last posted on the forum. As most of us here, I love teching English and I love exploring new methods and activities, it keeps me motivated.

This time, I �m organizing an immersion course in English and I �m preparing the activities. The course is aimed for pre-intermediate to advanced students.

I wanted to ask you to help me with ideas, it �s the first time I do something like this and I want it to be a success!

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Anita

30 Apr 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �ve never taught an immersion course myself so no practical advice from me personally:(
But as a lifetime learner and as a former interpreter, I can assure you immersion into an English-speaking environment will be extremely beneficial for your ss. It would be great if you could have a native teacher as well.
Here �s an interesting article I �ve found http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/articles/simulated-immersion

Sophia

30 Apr 2012     

Spanglish girl
Argentina

Thanks for your reply! 

The articles are very interesting, the tips are useful. I also think it �s a great opportunity for students to learn English in a completely different way. 

I �ll consider the idea of having a native teacher, although there are not many visitors in my town :(

30 Apr 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Can you ask for a volunteer from Peace Corps? Do you know if they are allowed in your country? Actually, I think that would be the best option, I mean to have a Peace Corps volunteer assist you with your immersion course.
Last year we had a summer drama camp for about 12 days for our middle school ss and we had 4 American volunteers and each group of ss was assigned 1 volunteer to work with. It was extremely beneficial for them.
Sophia

1 May 2012