Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > relative clauses and verbs followed by full/ bare infinitive; gerund; or both with a difference in meaning ideas     

relative clauses and verbs followed by full/ bare infinitive; gerund; or both with a difference in meaning ideas

chenchen_castrourdiales
Spain

relative clauses and verbs followed by full/ bare infinitive; gerund; or both with a difference in meaning ideas

Hi everybody,

I have already been teaching the same group of students for three years and I am finding it more and more difficult to surprise them each class. What �s more, I am going through a rough time so I can �t spend the time needed to prepare something new and special for them. I would be grateful if you could give me some ideas to teach the grammar points mentioned above. My students are 15-16 years old and they are already familiar with the grammar. I �m just looking for an entertaining way to revise these grammar points in class: youtube videos, songs, games, etc.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your help and time.

6 May 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Check the OEs and the PPTs here.
A complete adjective clause ppt here  http://www.azargrammar.com/materials/feg/FEG03_PowerPoint.html (scroll down and click to save on your pc)

6 May 2012     

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

Well, wish I had some stuff for you, but you did get me thinking ...Lamp
My idea is not to worry about interesting, new and exciting materials all the time. Since you know the students well, then I �m sure they enjoy your lessons no matter what. Just teach what is needed in your own great style.

It �s the teacher, not the materials that is important right?

6 May 2012     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

I agree with darryl but you can try to surprise them as I did last week when I taught them "verbs followed by gerund or infinitive" using a grammar guide I uploaded some time ago. I gave them 20 minutes to try to remember as many verbs as they could and then I gave them the worksheet to complete with the verbs in the gerund or infinitive, and then they corrected their partners tests. The best one got an extra point at the end of the term. You know kids are very competitive and if they are good students they will like this activity.
Hope you find the idea useful
Yolanda

6 May 2012