Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > STRANGE AND UNREADABLE MESSAGE    

STRANGE AND UNREADABLE MESSAGE

ascincoquinas
Portugal

STRANGE AND UNREADABLE MESSAGE

Dear eslprintable members!

I have just received two messages saying this:

هل يمكنني التعرف عليك

So my advice is: the person who left please translate it or I assume is something of bad taste and he/she wasn �t adult enough to say it in plain English.

7 May 2012      

Maruan Aziz
Morocco

It is in Arabic translated as �can I know you more? � it is rather of good taste,hhhh

Regards,

Aziz

7 May 2012     

memthefirst
Turkey

Whatever it means I wonder the reason of sending someone a massage he/she could not understand.

7 May 2012     

valodra
France

Can I know you more ? seems to be a nice message - to me.
Hope you �ll find a new friend ...
Maybe this person likes your ws a lot.... I never wonder about positive messages - I do like them - a lot!
Lucky you !
Val
PS : How about sending a message before posting it on the forum ??? You could have had an answer - who knows ......?

7 May 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

glad you like messages like this. I DON �T, ESPECIALLY FROM SOMEONE I DON �T KNOW

let me clarify the situation:

1. IN THIS SITE PEOPLE ADDRESS EACH OTHER IN ENGLISH.
2. THIS IS NOT A DATING SITE.  I am a Teacher.

7 May 2012     

bakimustafa
Algeria

it �s arabic language and it means
"can i know more about you"
this expression used when someone like to know  someone else or when he wants to introduce himself for friendship
i hope that you understand

7 May 2012     

zagoracity
Morocco

Though it may seem inappropriate to write to sb in a language he or she doesn �t understand,it is recommended to learn new languages through chunks and translation.In the light of this ,I hope that Mr.Victor will take this under consideration to keep some room in this website for learning other languages apart from the official one ,English.

7 May 2012     

piranhac
Tunisia

It means can i get to know you? For me it seems impolite because the receiver of the message doesn �t speak Arabic.It seems strange that a person should send that message in ESL printables.

7 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree. It seems a bit spooky.

7 May 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

What �s Arabic for trolling creep?

7 May 2012     

anafmart
Spain

When you get a message in a language that�s completely unknown to you, I think you always wonder what it says and if it�s something appropriate or not. Last year someone left a message in Chinese in the blog I run, I asked them to please translate it into English and as I never got an answer I decided to delete the comment, just in case. So I understand that ascincoquinas asked us what it meant, now at least she knows this person was being nice.
By the way, if anybody is teaching upper-intermediates, my blog is
Hope it�s useful. 

7 May 2012     

1    2    Next >