Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Is it wrong to use scanned pictures in your worksheets?    

Is it wrong to use scanned pictures in your worksheets?

BelyR
United States

Is it wrong to use scanned pictures in your worksheets?

Hello all!.

I�m new to this website and I�m now addicted to it!!. I have shared some worksheets with scanned pictures, and I�ve been getting negative feedback for it. The funny thing is that those people who sent me negative messages have scanned pictures in their own worksheets...so is it wrong to scann pictures to complement or create a worksheet? Please let me know if I am doing wrong, I�d really appreciate it!

Thankx !!

7 Jan 2009      

sedefg�l
Turkey

As far as I know, it is not wrong scanned pictures as long as the exercises belong to you. what is wrong is scanning a page from a book and put it as it is.

7 Jan 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Two of your newest sheets were directly scanned in from a book.
The problem is, that you don�t add anything of your own to this worksheet.
If you choose a good picture and make questions, exercises, grammar lessons
or edit the picture, then you�ve made this worksheet your own.
This doesn�t seem to be the case.

You also have to beware of copyright infringement.
You can�t just take any old picture - some are copy-righted.
Most people here use either free clipart or paint shop tubes - as far as I
can see - and they also use lots of time making questions and exercises.

That�s how it is - hope this helps.
L

7 Jan 2009     

chorima
Spain

I am not one of the people who sent you negative feedback nor someone who�s used scanned pictures, but I have checked on your contributions and what I think you did in most of them was: just scanning a picture with or without an activity and create a title or heading. Is that what it�s meant by "creating" your own Worksheets? I don�t think so. Here there are many contributors who spend hours trying to make nice worksheets using pictures (yes, many times taken from the net) but doing something else......at least, writing the exercises.
One thing is scanning a picture and another thing is creating a worksheet.
I am not  an old member (I joined a month or so), so I�d really appreciate if other members have their say and give us their opinion.

7 Jan 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Hi Bely! The problem is that you scanned a complete page from a book,and there is no production at all.As you say all of us use scanned pictures in our ws but we create our own exercises, remember that we are alowed to upload only worksheets that are our own creation. I hope my comment helps.

have a great day!!

7 Jan 2009     

BelyR
United States

All your comments state a clear difference between what I am doing and what should be done. Thank you all for your prompt response and useful feedback.  I�ll continue uploading only worksheets that are my own creation and at the same time, useful for the ESL printables community. It means a lot to me to be part of it, even more now, that you can find answers and help eachother when you are wrong. 

Thanks again. I hope you have an awesome sunny day!

7 Jan 2009