Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > moderators please enlighten me!!!    

moderators please enlighten me!!!

ELOJOLIE274
France

moderators please enlighten me!!!

Hello my friends!

I don �t understand... 2 of my worksheets have been reported today for not following the rules but what rules did I break??? I �ve read the rules again today - since both were old contributions, one of them being re-uploaded yesterday, I thought that maybe the rules had changed since I last uploaded a document a few months ago - and I broke no rules... the cliparts are mine (I paid for most of them and on the CDs it says that I cannot use them for commercial purpose that �s it! I might have found a couple on google but I �m pretty sure they were in the public domain...)

please I �d like to know what �s wrong...

I actually don �t care about the points - I �ve shared a lot of my worksheets/games on mediafire with you but it �s really hard to get a message saying that your worksheets have been reported and having no idea why...

please my friends, I �d like you to help me: what did I do wrong? are we no longer allowed to re-upload a document? is it for some other reason that my worksheets were reported?

if I did break the rules, I �m sorry!!!

thank you my friends!

Elodie

12 May 2012      

Mariethe House
France

Copyrighted images from iclipart , apparently.

12 May 2012     

juliag
Japan

Hi there dear Elodie,

I found the likes and dislikes worksheet still on the moderator �s page, one of the pictures is watermarked which is not allowed after the new rules and is why it was reported. Hope this helps and enjoy your weekend.

Hugs

Edit: now found the other one, too. Again one of the images is watermarked with an IC - for iclipart I presume.

Sorry for your bad experience, but in each case it�s only one image, so I hope it won�t be too much trouble for you to change those images and reupload your wonderful worksheets to share with us.

12 May 2012     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dearest Elodie!
So sorry to hear that two of your worksheets have been reported. Frankly speaking you �re one of the most generous and helpful people around . As Mariethe  and Julia have just mentioned the person who reported your ws  said that they are from IClipart.
 Keep up sharing your great work
Best regards
mabdel

12 May 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I �ve found one watermarked clipart on likes and dislikes worksheet and another one on the board game :( i �ll have to update the worksheet removing these cliparts and send them again I guess...
sorry for that :(

12 May 2012     

juliag
Japan

Love your positive attitude. Clap Look forward to downloading them when they come in the recent contributions.Hug

12 May 2012     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

i might be mistaken but as far as i know if the ws was old ..victor once said the to avoid iclipart witch hunting they were  not supposed to be reported because that was a problem between the company and the member

12 May 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

don �t worry, I don �t mind :) it �s my fault for re-uploading an old worksheet and not checking the cliparts :( I will be more careful next time!
thanks again!!!

12 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Does this mean we can upload the same wss twice and give then twice the air time? 

12 May 2012     

perma
Greece

Cunliffe: No, it means you can delete the older one (losing the old points) and then upload it again hoping that you �ll get more points this time.
You might want to do this if you �ve made improvements and it looks more attractive now or if it was originally uploaded say on a day when the server was down a lot.
In any case you have to delete the old one first.

12 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thanks

12 May 2012