Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help me, please. Some worksheet have been removed, and they were my own creations!    

Help me, please. Some worksheet have been removed, and they were my own creations!

SolAltamirano
Argentina

Help me, please. Some worksheet have been removed, and they were my own creations!

What can I do?? Two weeks ago, I sent two printables, and they were reported, and then removed. They were my creations, but scanned from my own folder, I didn �t have the word archive, because I have a folder with my worksheet at home.
I was really indignant when I saw that they were removed.
Can anyone say that they were scanned from a book and the moderator is going to remove them from my printables??
I created the worksheets, I invented the sums, I wrote them, I looked for nice pictures to decorate it.
I sent a complain to the moderator, but none one answered.
The problem is that today has happened the same, three of my new contributions were reported, I supposed that it was for the same reason.
What can I do? Can �t I scanned from my folder, with my creations?
I think that it �s unfair....

12 May 2012      

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi, yes you �re right. They have been reported as scanned.
I can leave a message at the reporting contribs page. Isn �t there any way you could scan them better or make them in doc.format? If not, you should acknowledge that they are your own creations to avoid more reports and removals.

12 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Yeah they do look scanned.
In the description of your profile you could write something like this:
"I like drawing my own pictures for my ws and I scan them to insert in the docs. Please don �t report my own creations as scanned from books:)"

Sophia

12 May 2012     

Linou_
France

Hello there,

I have a question about this subject. Are we allowed to scan a picture from a book, create an activity based on it and upload it here if we specifiy which book it is taken from?

Thanks ; )

Pauline

12 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Linou: Nope, Pauline, as obviously the content from a book would be a copyrighted material.
Moreover, if it �s an esl book you �re talking about, it is clearly stated in the rules we are not allowed to take any content from that.
Please, don�t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises. Please don�t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.
Sophia

12 May 2012     

Linou_
France

Ok, no problem, thanks Smile

12 May 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Linou, you can scan pictures from non-ESL books and add some exercises. In this case fair use policy is being applied. Wink

12 May 2012     

Linou_
France

Ok so just to be clear: an ESL book is any book in which English is taught, is that right? 

12 May 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Yep, you �ve got it, girl.Wink

12 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Michaela, what �s the difference between a copyrighted pic scanned from a book and a copyright clipart image anyway? or should we wait until some author finds out and comes down at us big time?
Sophia

12 May 2012     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Sophia,
in that case we couldn �t use any images for our wss. Please, have a look at fair use policy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

12 May 2012     

1    2    Next >