Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > movie/films related to volunteering?    

movie/films related to volunteering?

a isabel
Portugal

movie/films related to volunteering?

Does anyone have any hint about films in which a volunteer/s   help a community?

I was told there is one with Angelina Jolie called Beyond Borders, but after reading some reviews I wonder if there isn�t a better one... 

I would like pupils to see the importance of helping each other (children/elderly/poor....)  If you give me the title I can try to buy and watch it and then prepare something for them.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

7 Jan 2009      

Zora
Canada

"Pay it Forward" is an excellent movie about giving of oneself and how one small act can generate other acts of kindness,

7 Jan 2009     

gilorit
Israel

"pay it Forward" is wonderful.

We show it to the students every  year during a special program we give about giving, kindness and helping society.

7 Jan 2009     

a isabel
Portugal

Dear Dora and Gilorit!

Thanks a lot for your immediate answer.  PLease don�t leave this site - I mean to Australia or wherever...

I hope to find this film in FNAC, �ve just read a review and it seems exactly what I wanted!

I hope to be able to help someone one day!!!!

7 Jan 2009     

gilorit
Israel

Good Luck.
I am sure you will love the film & the idea behind it.
The kids love it.
Good night  ;-)
orit

7 Jan 2009