Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > never update software which is working perfectly ...    

never update software which is working perfectly ...

dennismychina
China

Hi Marion,

I was going to suggest the same as Star did in her last paragraph. Re-download the version of the program you had before you updated it. You can also use system restore to restore your computer to as it was, on a date prior to you upgrading the program.

From one technology challenged person to another. Confused

19 May 2012     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

I use atube catcher, and to burn CD�s, DVD�s and blue ray discs you can download Ashampoo. People say it�s better than Nero, it�s not free, but if you register at the official site they�ll send you a code and you�ll be able to use version 11 without any charge.

Atube catcher also has other interesting features besides searching, downloading and converting videos: it also searches and downloads mp3 files.

Both softwares are easy to use, I�m sure you�ll face no problem at all.

Have a nice day!

Zailda Coirano

19 May 2012     

MarionG
Netherlands

Back-up files, resetting my system...this is way over my head!!
Nero 6 does have a burn dvd option (a data dvd that is, maybe that is the problem, maybe it should be video dvd?)
I know I can re-install the older version of dvd video soft again, the help desk even sent me the link but mentioned in the same email I won �t get tech support for older version...
You are all so supportive, I am going to try some of the programs suggested here even though for now, I feel a little overwhelmed....
I �ve been trying to get this to work since 7 this morning (while Saturday is our only free day in Israel) so i think it is high time to re-set my own system and turn off the computer and pour myself a glass of wine!
Thanks you all for your suggestions!
 You �re the best!

19 May 2012     

zailda
Brazil

I had Nero and now I use Ashampoo to burn discs and it �s faster, I burn a DVD with tons of folders and data (4Gb) in ten minutes.

To backup your computer I recommend an external HD.

Hope it helps.

Zailda

19 May 2012     

< Previous   1    2