Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > help me design a grammar book     

help me design a grammar book

abdejlil
Tunisia

help me design a grammar book

Hi my dear colleagues ! I � m designing a book about English grammar to help pupils (  understand grammar rules and I need your help . Can anyone help me with ideas , worksheets , ....? waiting for your help . thank you  in advance . 

22 May 2012      

manonski (f)
Canada

You could have a look at what is already been done by publishers, get inspired by what you like in them and modify what you don �t like.

22 May 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

One thing I notice is that many Tunisian teachers submit tests for the various levels. That tells me that your country has strict guidelines about what is taught at each level. Read up on the requirements, and tailor your book to them.

Think about activities your students like, and what helps them learn. Don �t just make grammar drills. Include some, but don �t make it only grammar drills because students find those boring. 

Think about how your students do and will use English. If many students will attend English-speaking universities, for example, include exercises or readings in science, social studies, mathematics, and English-language literature. If students will go into business and need English for that, include Business English.

I don �t know what multimedia your schools have, but if most schools have computers, you will want to include a CD-ROM or even a website for your book too. You may not need to design it yourself, but keep it in mind. But if you suggest websites to visit in your book, I �d stick with well-established sites. Websites come and go so fast!

22 May 2012