Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP WITH SOME MORE SOLUTIONS    

HELP WITH SOME MORE SOLUTIONS

Greek Professor
Greece

HELP WITH SOME MORE SOLUTIONS

Good Morning evryone.

Wishing you a great day and a great weekend too...

Here I am again and I need your help  I want to give my students some more notes on the below subject. I have a few ideas but I would like some more. So could you allow me to pick your brains....please

The topic is: People are living longer and are burdening the retirement system. What can the government do.

Basically I need solutions on what can be done to help the system.

I hope I have made myself understood

Thanks is advance

25 May 2012      

Redbull
Thailand

Euthanasia.....! he he he.

but on a good note this makes some interesting reading on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensions_in_the_United_Kingdom

I know increasing the retirement age and phasing out state pension all together are good ones.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

25 May 2012     

douglas
United States

Not much, but here is something:

25 May 2012     

alexiosthegreat
Cyprus

There are some interesting publications on this site. Hope they are helpful.
www.eurofound.europa.eu �
Publications
Regards from Cyprus

25 May 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

Two words: Soylant Green

25 May 2012     

Jayho
Australia

That film sounds morbid Ed.

Hi GP

In Oz the Gov �t is taking many measures for the rapidly aging population in which people are living much longer and needing far more medical and residential care in their declining years than ever before.  Retirement is now around 20+ years and the focus is on maintaining good health, self supporting financially with minimal gov �t paid support and staying in one own �s home.

As far as I am aware measures include:

- Compulsory superannuation for all workers whereby employers contribute a fixed minimum percentage of employees earnings (additional to earnings) for each employee towards retirement funds thereby reducing reliance on taxes to fund pensions

- Raising of retirement age to access superannuation and government pensions (being staggered up to 70 depending on one �s year of birth)

- Provision of gov �t subsidised health options/concessions for senior citizens (60+)

- provision of subsidised essential services for low income senior citizens (utilities/internet)

- Tax concessions/incentives for people who continue to work in any capacity beyond their official retirement age

- Encouraging retired citizens to remain in their own homes as long as possible by providing subsidised and free home/garden help

- Encouraging retirees to take up voluntary positions in the community (but without replacing paid jobs)

- Providing free public transport to senior citizens

- providing subsidised fixed fee taxi services for senior citizens for travel to and from medical appointments

- Increasing migration of younger people to care and provide for an aging population

- Provision of carer �s leave for workers to take care of elderly family members without losing their job

Hope these help

Cheers

Jayho

25 May 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Hello, Ed.

It �s SO NICE to �hear your voice � again.

I hope that you and your family are all well.

Les

25 May 2012     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Ed!

Good to see you back. What happened to you? I missed your jokes on the Caption Contest....LOLWink

@ Hi there, Les! By the way, who won the last contest? Do you know?

ascincoquinas.

25 May 2012     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello everyone. Hey Les it �s always good to be heard. My school year is almost over and it has been a little trying. We got a new Principal in February and will have a new one in September. In less than a year �s time we will have had 3 different Principals. Just when we have one trained...we gotta train a new one. Ed

25 May 2012     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Dear Ed,

I agree with you.  A new principal who has a string of letters after his name arrives at a college, and the lecturers have to spend months teaching him his job!

I don �t mind helping the Head of a College, but it �s the Principal of the Thing!

Dear Ascincoquinas,

Caption Competition,

Pierreroset has chosen Agagug as the WINNER of the Competition.

Les

25 May 2012