Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Schoolovision 2012    

Schoolovision 2012

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Schoolovision 2012

Now that Eurovion contest is over and everyone is still talking about it I just thought I could bring up Schoolovision again. For those of you who haven �t seen it before I �m reposting my message about our school �s participation in Schoolovision 2012. I hope you won �t see it as spam:)

Just wanted to share our success story with you.
Schooovision is an award-winning e-Twinning project in which our country took part for the first time this year. Pupils from our school represented the whole country with the song "Carpathians". Schoolovision is very much like Eurovision song contest only it �s for primary school pupils (btw I found out that British primary is up to 12, whereas in Ukraine primary school ends at the age of 10). We had an online conference May 25 to announce the results of our vote and our school �s video came in second among contestants from 39 countries.
You can find more info about the project and see the videos from 39 European countries here http://schoolovision2012.blogspot.com/ 

Check out who represented your country:)

Sophia

P.S. Thanks to all members who congratulated us last time I posted:) 
HeartHeartHeart

27 May 2012      

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

We were 33rd in 39 countries! Could have been worse LOL
Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

27 May 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Maybe this would cheer you up, Nina, our ss sing this song even though they don �t study Portugese http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m39gFyNqHuc :)
Sophia

27 May 2012     

Nina Pizzo
Portugal

That is a very simple song. My toddler can sing it, much to my displeasure as I find it tasteless and annoying. Disapprove

Smile But I know you meant well so let me tell you, as a token of my appreciation, that I �ve met and taught many Ukranian children who �ve moved to Portugal with their parents. And I must say I �m impressed with how fast they grasp the Portuguese language and often outclass native pupils (in every single subject)! And I believe most Portuguese teachers are with me on this. So, congratulations once more! 

(And don �t mind the Portuguese 33rd position in Schoolvision, we �ve grown used to it. Ouch)

27 May 2012