Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed    

Help needed

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Help needed

I have to prepare and deliver a lesson for our international day and the topic is primary education in third world countries. Any ideas?

28 May 2012      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Cunliffe!

take a look at these links, not sure if this is what you want:

28 May 2012     

evinches
France

www.sendmyfriend.org

Hi this is a great organisation with fantastic
teaching materials about a very worthy cause.

I hope you �ll enjoy doing this topic and that you will inspire your pupils to do something to help.

28 May 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, ascincoquinas, these links are very informative. Thank you, evinches, I am overwhelmed by this site and wish I �d heard of it before. I will do my best to inspire my pupils. Thank you once again.

28 May 2012     

Jayho
Australia

Hi cunliffe

I showed this story to my adult students yesterday: http://australianetwork.com/pacificpulse/stories/2987805.htm

It makes us realise how much we take for granted.  One of my students is from PNG and only had 3 years of education because her parents simply could not afford it.  She has been in Oz for four years now and is doing well.  Although it is part of the Commonwealth the literacy rate of PNG is still only 50%.  But there are over 800 languages in this small populated country, which I guess is a result of the isolation between family groups because it is a mountainous country where everyday transport is extremely difficult.

Maybe it is useful for you.

Cheers

Jayho

28 May 2012