Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > how long do new worksheets and powerpoints actually get in the new daily stuff available for free?    

how long do new worksheets and powerpoints actually get in the new daily stuff available for free?

wabbwabb
Vietnam

how long do new worksheets and powerpoints actually get in the new daily stuff available for free?

dear administrator I am very disappointed that 2 new powerpoints that I created were available on the �new worksheets of the day � section for less than a day, limiting exposure and therefore my gaining points, while other new worksheets from members were available seemingly much longer. I am uploading from Vietnam and would like to know what you consider as a day? do you go by a particular timezone? or is it timed for 24 hours

1 Jun 2012      

moravc
Czech Republic

the eslprintables "day" begins at 6,00 AM Spanish time (Central European time) and lasts for 24 hours. It follows one of the time zones in America...

It sometimes happens that the worksheet is overlooked. Don �t worry, please. Just delete the worksheet / ppt and redesign the first page and reupload it. Give all necessary details in description and choose the correct section... I am sure you will gain more points then.

IF you want to gain more points, you might consider uploading several pages in one file (if you have 3 worksheets on the same topic, you should combine them and upload in one). You might give the information about the number of pages in the description or name. Resize the pictures if needed.

Good luck! I am sure you gonna be successful.

1 Jun 2012     

wabbwabb
Vietnam

Hi, thanks for your prompt response and advice, this is a great website and I love being able to submit work that people find useful as well as finding great stuff to use myself. Will take on your comments,
thanks again :)

1 Jun 2012     

foose1
United States

In Thailand, the new stuff is available at 1:00 PM.  I do have to comment though that I have seen it where my PowerPoints did not receive the full 24 hours.  The first two or three times was when they were reported.  For some reason they appeared back into the recent contributions for the same batch that they originally appeared on.  Of course, I wasn �t going to resubmit them because besides losing 12 hours on each one, I had also gained a bunch of points on them.  The other instances that I thought were strange, happened to me two times.  I had posted the powerpoints, I think a few hours after 1:00 PM so of course they did not show for 24 hours but something strange happened.  When I went into ESLprintables I got the normal messages for receiving points. Yet, the PowerPoints were never on ESLprintables new contributions for more than 9 hours.  I just chalked it off as a fluke in the system as it was being updated at the time.  I don �t know if the time differences were taken into account at a later time and if the system was fixed or not.  But I do see a lot of slides disappearing from the new contributions list after a period of time.  Oh well! Maybe its just my imagination.  I hope someone keeps an eye on it anyway or tell us all if there was a fault with the time difference and or if it was fixed or not fixed.

John

1 Jun 2012     

wabbwabb
Vietnam

do mean if you delete the work and re-submit you lose any points you gained the first time? That doesn �t seem fair. They wrote and told me to delete, change a little bit then send again but I don �t want to go losing points. I think I �ll just have to leave it and time it better the next time.The new �day � starts at 6.00am in Spain so I �ll watch out for that. Thailand is 1pm? shouldn �t be too different from Vietnam. Cheers for the tip.

1 Jun 2012     

ELOJOLIE274
France

check what time it is in Central America to know when to upload nex ws http://www.timezonecheck.com/
to have more info about  the time zone look here:
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=33387

i �ve noticed - but I might be the only one - that ws and ppt tend to get more points when available in the new contributions during week-ends, probably because teachers have more time looking for ws... I �ve never noticed that my ws were available for less than 24 hours but if you feel like they have you can either re-upload them (but you will loose the points you got the 1st time) or try to contact Victor (the administrator) but I �m not sure what he will be able to do...
Re-uploading is risky but can be worth it if you improve your ws (moravc �s advice is great, if you need more help download the free tutorials!) i �ve re-uploaded several of my worksheets after improving them and it was worth it :)))

have a nice day!

1 Jun 2012