Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help - presentations in a Talent Show    

Help - presentations in a Talent Show

harelyta
Peru

Help - presentations in a Talent Show

First, good morning to all of you......
Well I wanna tell you I have no idea about presentations for a talent show, that will be at a school........it �s an opportunity to my students show their parents their English skills. The problem now is I don �t know what to teach my students, they are from 5th and 6th grade. I have to divide the class in two groups, and each one has to preent any number that could be a song, a mini theater, a conversation.....etc.
I wanna ask you about talent show at your school? Do you have any experience in doing this??? because it will be my first one, that �s what I say I don �t know what to do (maybe) I �m thinking about songs, what I can �t repeat the same presentation with the next class....so can you give me some advice???? What could I present??? What will be nice to my students???? My ss are from primary level. From 5th and 6th grade.................I wll be here waiting for some advice

Thank you very much and have a GREAT weekend   :)

2 Jun 2012      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

In  case no one gives you ideas you could browse through here.
Sophia

2 Jun 2012     

MoodyMoody
United States

And don �t forget to ask your students what they would like to do! If they can �t come up with their own ideas, then suggest skits, songs, or recitations of their own works in English. They will work harder on it if they feel like they "own" it.

2 Jun 2012     

papadeli
Greece

This is an idea:
The kids have been presented this ppt , watched  this trailer, followed most of this lesson-plan and made their crafts. Here �s their work. They �ll also present a skit and a song at the end of this week.

Greetings from Greece,

2 Jun 2012     

Dayana
Peru

Yes, I agree with moody Moody. It is better to ask them I once had this task too. But if they are uncertain, let me tell you what I did. I made a role play that was about precisely that topic it started like this....

Camila, It is he talent show! What are we going to do?

They gave answers making suggestions and used "can" for abilities and each child preformed doing things like dancing, singing, playing a musical instrument, so each one did that on stage and their parents loved it because all of them could be "main performers"and had "their moment"....and as a group showed off with the language in the conversation too!  Hope I could help.

Good luck!

Diana

3 Jun 2012     

harelyta
Peru

Thanks for your wonderful ideas to all of you!!!
Regards and have a great week!!!!

3 Jun 2012