Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP WITH A PROJECT    

HELP WITH A PROJECT

Yolandaprieto
Spain

HELP WITH A PROJECT

Hello everybody,
I am preparing a project for the end of the school year with my 12 year old students. I want them to prepare a power point in groups of five people to talk about different English speaking countries. What I would like you to help me with is to choose the five most important guidelines to know a country better.

For example: flag and its history or meaning
                    most important figures (population, size, ....)
                    industry
                    typical things (food, festivities, music, dances ....)
                    most important cities  ( the capital, and others(where they are located in
                    the map and why they are famous or important)    

Thanks for your help in advance
Yolanda                               

5 Jun 2012      

ayshee
Albania

Maybe you can ask their holidays , important days or characters in history

5 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

That sounds excellent.
The only suggestion I would make is why not make it a tiny bit personal? Each person from the group could add some fact about the country that impressed them the most (it could be an animal fact, a celebrity fact or some kind of traditional food, etc.)
Sophia

5 Jun 2012     

aliciapc
Uruguay

I did something similar a couple of years ago, we included : first peoples in that country (a bit of history) - two important landmarks - typical food, drink and music - one or two important festivities - sample of how english spoken there sounds, by a famous person who was born there . How it can help , buena suerte!

5 Jun 2012     

paulabanos
Spain

I �ve done the same project with my students this year (they are older, 1st Bachillerato) and they talked about: geography (location, capital city, population), symbols (meaning of flag, national flower, national bulidings...), brief history, festivities celebrated in that country (Bonfire Day, St. Patrick �s Day, Indepence Day...), important people (writers, musicians, actors, leaders/ politicians...) They did very good work and found it interesting :-)
�Espero que te sea �til! Hugs

5 Jun 2012     

evafer
Spain

Hi Yolanda,

We also do pps about different countries, now we are studying Canada.
We learn about national parks or animal reserves and  animals and nature in general, and lately we are reading about  a typical day for a kid in that country...in the pp they learn about the currency used and how much are common things like a pencil, a toy, a movie ticket...
Here is a great, hope it helps: http://www.timeforkids.com/around-the-world

Saludos,
eva

5 Jun 2012     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Thanks for your help
Yolanda

5 Jun 2012     

karka30
Poland

Have a look at my PP presentation - Great Britain, maybe it would be of any help

5 Jun 2012