Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > FCE EXAMINATION    

FCE EXAMINATION

belen8891
Uruguay

FCE EXAMINATION

Hi there !

I�m preparing my students, on the subject of Listening, so as to take the FCE at the end of this year and I wanted to know what is the pass mark for the Listening paper. I looked for it everywhere and found nothing. If any of you could let me know where can I find it or tell me the pass mark I�d really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance !!

5 Jun 2012      

vasconcellosclaudio
Brazil

I have lots of conversation classes with preparation to FCE ( listening and word formation )

5 Jun 2012     

perma
Greece

I know for sure that all papers are equally weighed in FCE FOR SCHOOLS. Each paper gives a maximum of 40 marks to the overall score. Candidates need to get at least 120/200 to pass.  

It should be the same for regular FCE but I can �t check it right now. You might find the answer here 
where you can download a very handy teacher�s handbook:
Smile

5 Jun 2012     

monicablt
Romania

Perma is right, all papers weigh the same in the final mark and there is no pass for an individual paper but an overall score that must be over 60% for a pass. That means a better result in one paper can compensate for a lower mark in another. Moreover, rules have changed a little so that a candidate who scores under 60% will not fail the exam but will be awarded a lower CEF level (B1, for example). 

6 Jun 2012