Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Translation Portuguese - English    

Translation Portuguese - English

margmir
Portugal

Translation Portuguese - English

Hi, dear friends!

I �ve been asked to translate a document (from Portuguese into English)  that formalizes the sale and purchase of a house. I don �t even know what the correct name for this is! Is it "sale and purchase agreement"?

Well, I �m really lost with so many technical words / phrases and I would really appreciate if someone could share some samples / templates or even specific vocabulary...Maybe a Portuguese teacher who has already done something like this, maybe someone from the UK who has knowledge in this area (the buyers are British)... maybe someone else...

I �m a bit despesperate so any help will be welcome!

Thank you very very much!

Margarida

6 Jun 2012      

rommaya
Egypt

It is called "Real Estate Contract"

6 Jun 2012     

alexcure
Poland

Try the forum of the wordreference linguistic site, where there �s always someone ready to answer your translation problems:  http://www.wordreference.com/

7 Jun 2012     

Redbull
Thailand

sale and purchase agreement/contract is fine Margarida.

But the documents for the house world be Title deed/House deed/House Title/property deeds.....or called something else from a non speaking English country.

REDBULL GIVES YOU WINGS YOU KNOWWink.

7 Jun 2012     

margmir
Portugal

THank you all for your replies. They �ve been of great help!
Greetings from Portugal
Margarida 

7 Jun 2012