Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Funny, interesting project ideas for fast learners?    

Funny, interesting project ideas for fast learners?

ksfredriksen
Norway

Funny, interesting project ideas for fast learners?

In my classes of 14-16-year-olds I have some students who have much better English skills than the rest of the class they belong to. I want to give these students a/some project(s) which they can work with as "in-depth studies", something interesting and maybe a bit funny. The project does of course need to end up with a grade based on a written or a kind of oral presentation.

Hope you understand what I mean. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for answering! 

7 Jun 2012      

douglas
United States

How about an internet "scavenger hunt"?

Give them a list of (rather unusual) topics they should report on. 

For example:

"tell us something about the childhood of a man with a beard that was born in Canada before 1875".

"Explain the message/meaning of any 70s song that was a "one-hit wonder".

"Tell us about a product that is marketed under different names in the Uk, Australia, and the USA."

"Do a presentation on 10 things you can do with a cactus."

cheers,
Douglas

7 Jun 2012     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Or better yet a webquest:)
If you �re wondering how to make one here �s a webquest about webquests from one of our members  http://webquestingquest.wordpress.com/ 

Have a look at a very simple webquest by me, it could give you ideas how to plan your project http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=477086#thetop 
You could make something more authentic or cross-curriculum.

Sophia

7 Jun 2012     

ksfredriksen
Norway

Thanks for the tip. I have yet to try the webquest, but it seems interesting.

All suggestions are good suggestions! :) 

Other people with suggestions?!?

Thanks in advance! :)

20 Feb 2013