Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Marketing Exercise.    

Marketing Exercise.

spinney
United Kingdom

Marketing Exercise.

Can anybody think of a name for an English summer camp where all the students are teamed up with native speakers. They wanted to call it "English Colonies" but I don �t think that �s such a good idea considering the natives are from many different speaking countries and I think that could be a bit off-putting. Anything that suggests fun, sun and English (the language) would be the way to go on this. Any help would really be appreciated as I have no imagination today and I have to write the teachers guide book for it!Cry

8 Jun 2012      

jarek2011
Poland

I struggled with coming up with an appropriate name for the workshops that I ran the other day and our friend Les - suggested the following names:

Beware of the English invasion
Embrace the English invasion

I think that the above names will be really catchy. Here are my suggestions: English in Action/ English for fun

8 Jun 2012     

olaola
Italy

"SUNNY ENGLISH"

8 Jun 2012     

jarek2011
Poland

what about the name: Bask in the English sun

8 Jun 2012     

Apodo
Australia

A camp? Fun, sun and English? Sounds like an English Holiday to me.

8 Jun 2012     

photogio
Thailand

The native experience

8 Jun 2012     

racim
Algeria

what about :" Englisharing "

8 Jun 2012     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Pair and Share English.

8 Jun 2012     

Pinky Makus
Canada

English Twins

Summer English Sharing

Pronunciation Pals

English Echoes

English Shadows

An English Summer

Conversation Companions

Conversation Councillors

English Interface

Language Leaders

Summer Speaking

English Reflections

I think the name also depends on the ages of the students.

8 Jun 2012     

almaz
United Kingdom

What is actually wrong with �English Summer Camp �? No need to go uber-creative on it. �Colonies � is just a direct translation of colonias which - in this context - simply means �summer camp �. No one in their right mind would think you �re trying to re-create some sort of Little Engerland.

8 Jun 2012     

spinney
United Kingdom

Wow! Thanks people! Lots of nice ideas here. I �ll run them by the boss and see what he says. The Problem with just saying English Summer Camps is that we already run 3 camps with pretty much the same name. But they wanted something in English that sounded rather "catchy" for this one. The age groups are 16 to 20, by the way. Anyway, thanks again people!Big smile

8 Jun 2012     

1    2    Next >